Flowmaster 817568 Direct-fit Muffler - American Thunder sound clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
same one i have. Nice and throaty but not too loud. I'm very happy with mine.

Just curious.....how tight did you get those band clamps? I swear i have a slight leak at one the joining points, but i really cant tighen them much more by hand.

OP
OP
bri6679

bri6679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i used long breaker bar for final last turns and some grunt.. ratchet alone doesn't have leverage u can use a steel pipe on handle to add more

OP
OP
bri6679

bri6679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i used long breaker bar for final last turns and some grunt.. ratchet alone doesn't have leverage u can use a steel pipe on handle to add more
I suggest using a breaker bar too much force on a ratchet can break it... I also love the way it sounds not too loud but good when do you step on it
same one i have. Nice and throaty but not too loud. I'm very happy with mine.

Just curious.....how tight did you get those band clamps? I swear i have a slight leak at one the joining points, but i really cant tighen them much more by hand.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

RAMpant1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought my 2010 1500 5.7 and I want to upgrade the exhaust to something like this. But this muffler has one inlet and 2 out... I thought these trucks were true dual.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I had to loosen and readjust several times to stop leaks. They made it about 1/4 inch too short to fit well. Typical after market part, it fits just good enough to keep you from sending it back. I do like the sound however. Hats off to you guys working on the ground with hand tools! Even with a hoist and air tools some projects make me wonder why I bother.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just bought my 2010 1500 5.7 and I want to upgrade the exhaust to something like this. But this muffler has one inlet and 2 out... I thought these trucks were true dual.

Welcome to the forum! "True dual' exhaust's are a thing of the past on trucks from the factory. You wont' have any problems finding a muffler to upgrade your exhaust with the single in/dual out.

Adam

RAMpant1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum! "True dual' exhaust's are a thing of the past on trucks from the factory. You wont' have any problems finding a muffler to upgrade your exhaust with the single in/dual out.

Adam

Thanks, that makes sense.

Turbo Brian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suggest using a breaker bar too much force on a ratchet can break it... I also love the way it sounds not too loud but good when do you step on it

breaker bar? what? i broke two of the 3 clamps that flowmaster sent me with a ratchet. a 2.25" clamp i broke the threaded bolt clean in half. the 3" clamp stripped the other day when i went to tighten it due to the muffler sliding back. got a couple ROL stainless band clamps on there now. the tailpipes are both good and tight and dont slip, gotta see how the 3" goes. just put that on last night. its tight, but nowhere near super tight for fear of breaking the damn thing again. probably getting it welded if it keeps slipping.

OP
OP
bri6679

bri6679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
breaker bar? what? i broke two of the 3 clamps that flowmaster sent me with a ratchet. a 2.25" clamp i broke the threaded bolt clean in half. the 3" clamp stripped the other day when i went to tighten it due to the muffler sliding back. got a couple ROL stainless band clamps on there now. the tailpipes are both good and tight and dont slip, gotta see how the 3" goes. just put that on last night. its tight, but nowhere near super tight for fear of breaking the damn thing again. probably getting it welded if it keeps slipping.
You musta had defective clamps or something Mines and perfect since installed no welding