Flowmaster To Magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys/gals, I've been thinking of switching my Flowmaster 40 series to something a little bit quieter as it has started to get annoying when just cruising around town. I had thought about the Carven, but thinking I might do the 14 or 18inch Magnaflow and possibly add an e cutout later when I really want to just make some noise. What would yall suggest between the 14 and 18 that will give me a good rumble but not as much noise as the 40 series? I do still have my resonators.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Never had the 40 so no point of reference, but really like my 14" Magnaflow

I know a lot of cats on here run the Carven progressive

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hre's another option:

XLERATOR® STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE MUFFLERS | Automotive Exhaust Products | Heavy Duty Exhaust Products | AP Exhaust Technologies

My local shop suggested this muffler , I got a 2 in 2 out and had them remove the factory 2 into 1 bottle neck.

Sorry I don't have the actual PN

Its a little louder than stock ( I had a friend with a stock park next to me to compare)
a bit of a rumble, but at WOT its aggressive sounding. cruising on long trips it humms along not loud at all, other than occasionally on uphill when she lugs down, like all hemi's seem to do

OP
OP
SuthrnRAM

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been hearing good things on Carven Progressive, just not sure how it is compared to magnaflow 14inch.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
From the video clips I have heard the Carven will be louder.

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running the magnaflow 18" with factory pipes. It's quiet when idle or just cruising. Sounds real good when you get in it hard. I'm in a development so I didn't want loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm running the magnaflow 18" with factory pipes. It's quiet when idle or just cruising. Sounds real good when you get in it hard. I'm in a development so I didn't want loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^Amazing! I just added the 24" Mufflex/Magnaflow and its not quiet. Its got a nice mellow burble at idle and sounds muscular, but not stupid loud, up through about 2200 RPM before it gets mild.

So hearing folks saying 14" and 18" Magnaflows are quiet, blows my freaking mind.

Maybe I've just become a "Get off my lawn!" grouchy old man overnight?

Nope, that's not it!

I just don't believe in window rattling, neighbor ******* loud in a suburban residential setting, and I sure as heck don't want to listen to RRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!
constantly in the cab. :crazy:

I had an ass-wipe of a neighbor (renter) with a 2000-something Pontiac GTO (G-6/8?) with 'wake-up the dead' loud exhaust and the schiess kopf used to back in to his space in front of his town house so that everyone in the ten home row could be certain that the jack-wagon was back, or conversely that douche bag was leaving for work at zero-dark thirty. Funny thing, dipstick couldn't figure out why all the neighbors hated his ass and asked his landlord not to renew the lease--go figure?! :roflsquared:

I want folks on the outside to know I've got some 'Hosses' under the hood, but if I can't cover it with the music at a reasonable level, say 6 on 1-10 scale, its too darn loud. :driver:

Last edited:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I run the 14 but it is amazing how quiet a 14 can be at 18 mph while cruising out of the suburbs. Is it just me or but back in the day we had no playground zones/schools zones, if you were to stupid to look both ways before crossing the street and a vehicle just happened to come along guess what you made for a ****** hood ornament. Too harsh, not for me.