Flowmaster Super 40 Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speeddemonxp97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So i have been watching all the videos and reading a lot of the chatter on here. I keep seeing that people lost power after going from stock to aftermarket mufflers. All i am looking to do right now is change out the stock muffler and install a flowmaster super 40.

Is this going to cause me loss of power and MPG's?

I am getting ready to take a trip to Utah from Texas and i want all the MPG's i can get and do not want to loose right before this trip.

From my past experience i have only had power lost when i didnt have enough back pressure.

Example - 2010 Camaro SS, muffler shop forgot to add my x-pipe and i was running true dual with no crossover to equalize. Car sounded like a 4x4 truck and had no power.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had a super 40 and took it off after a week. It's makes more of a woosh then a rumble and sounded terrible over 3k rpm I thought

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) I installed a Flowmaster "10"--dual catback-and the sound is "SO SWEET"-

There's no loss of power and the MPG have increased-

Pretty hard to beat-

Whatever-

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

Darkside_Wpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Flowmaster Super 44s

I have replaced my 2012 Single exhaust with a Cat back SUPER 44 Set with zero loss of power and no change in MPG. Sweet tone now though.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
When I did mine on my 1500, I got a better pedal response, quicker acceleration and I wasn't into the pedal as much during highway speeds. Loved it.

Also, look at getting a y pipe. Makes a HUGE difference from the factory one.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the 40 series with 5 inch tips. No loss of power or change in MPGs. Switched to the 50 series because the 40 was just to loud on the highway for me. Both mufflers produced no change for me besides exhaust note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
JUST a muffler...and nothing more.. is a "NOISE MOD" especially flowmasters. I would expect to gain or lose zero. And remember....one guys "awesome rumble" is another guys "loudest-most droning-cackling sound in the world"

people attribute all kinds of goofy things to MPG loss...Lets not forget 300 lbs of cargo/passengers in the truck can cost you .5mpg...and winter blend gas, vs summer blend gas can be up to 2 MPG. Change your wiper blades in october...and all of a sudden you're down 2 mpg...dang rain-x brand wiper blades...

there was a thread the other day that someone felt a muffler swap caused their truck to "lean"... i mean seriously... a 3K payload capacity truck "leaning" because of muffler weight... I believe he probably measured on an empty gas tank...and then filled it up with 25 gallons of gas...and measured again.

ahhh people.lol