Flowmaster Super 40 or super 44?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesUSN86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I'm looking for an aggressive sound for my 2012 4.7 slt. I like loud but not nascar loud. And what is the difference between the two mufflers. I've had flowmasters on my lighting but I'm not sure what series it was and I loved the sound of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Super 44 will be louder.

Either one will drone like a **** on the highway.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Yeah you may want a 50 series FM or even a 70 series. I used to run the 50 series truck/SUV mufflers and they were milder than the others. Run Magnaflow now (doesn't rot out as bad as FM). Also, I am NOT bashing Flowmaster (I like their sound), but my 07 had a FM and when it rotted out a few months ago it got really loud and droned worse. I had a Magnaflow installed and it was a noticeable difference when I left the muffler shop. Better get up and go from a stop. I wasn't even looking for the difference. It actually surprised me that it seemed to run better. I let my son drive it and didn't say anything to him about it running better and he came back and said the exact same thing. He had been driving that truck every day for a few months at that time, so he knew the truck better than me then. So I think I will continue to run magnaflows from now on. You may want to consider performance, too?

Last edited:

R/Tsyndicate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run a 14" magnaflow on mine. The sound is great and also noticed a small difference from take off. I had also heard from many ppl that with a flowmaster u lose power. Just something to remember when ur muffler shopping.

bran101010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
I originally had a 14' magnaflow and I swapped it out to a flowmaster 10 dumped and love it. the only difference between the two is the flowmaster has a spilter like a y pipe and is smaller.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
FM S40 on my truck and love it! Quiet at highway speeds and turns heads like crazy. I've set of the occasional car alarm too but that's only in parking garagres etc. I did the muffler only and couldn't be happier.

Good luck deciding!

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Super 44 will be louder than the 40. Both will be very loud for sure. The Delta flow mufflers drone less than the standard or Super series mufflers.

Last edited:

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
From hearing it in person... FM Super 10 will sound absolutely nasty on a 4.7L !!! My buddy had one on his 2011 before he traded in it for a 13' Express about 4 months ago.

It sounded absolutley sick !

tjones524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a stainless super 44 ( delta flow ) which i highly recommend.

Sounds amazing, I hardly have any drone in the cab, but it makes the hemi roar.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a stainless super 44 ( delta flow ) which i highly recommend.

Sounds amazing, I hardly have any drone in the cab, but it makes the hemi roar.

x2. I have the FM SUPER 44 with deleted resonators, not as loud as I thought it would be, but still deep and loud enough.

Im actually going to ditch the 44 and pick up the super 10, or straight pipe muhahah

tjones524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
x2. I have the FM SUPER 44 with deleted resonators, not as loud as I thought it would be, but still deep and loud enough.

Im actually going to ditch the 44 and pick up the super 10, or straight pipe muhahah

We definitely think alike.

I like it too, not as long as i thought either, but it's plenty, I still have my resonators as well.

But, I was literally just checking out videos on the Super 10 ( 8430152, stainless 3/2.5 ) sounds loud and deep.

I may just keep the Super 44, and add a 3" raceland cutout with wireless remote.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We definitely think alike.

I like it too, not as long as i thought either, but it's plenty, I still have my resonators as well.

But, I was literally just checking out videos on the Super 10 ( 8430152, stainless 3/2.5 ) sounds loud and deep.

I may just keep the Super 44, and add a 3" raceland cutout with wireless remote.

I thjink that would be the perfect setup. The 44 is perfect for daily driving.

I personally would keep it always open, then just close it for long trips or highway driving

tjones524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thjink that would be the perfect setup. The 44 is perfect for daily driving.

I personally would keep it always open, then just close it for long trips or highway driving

Yep, or keep it closed for morning starts, on these cold days you can hear my super 44 inside the house, my gf says it rattles pictures sometimes when it first starts.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, or keep it closed for morning starts, on these cold days you can hear my super 44 inside the house, my gf says it rattles pictures sometimes when it first starts.

haha I know right? It sounds DAMN GOOD in the morning, but that soon fades :(

OP
OP
JamesUSN86

JamesUSN86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Ok we'll I picked up the super 44 we'll see how it sounds I'm excited to annoy all the neighbors. Thanks for all of the posts It really helped a lot.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used a couple magnaflows, borlas, and flowmasters in the past. I had the flowmaster 40, and super 44 mufflers but now run a 50 series hd muffler and love it. No loss in power, if anything I gained more torque, and it's the only muffler specifically designed for the hemi motor. I recorded my best 1/4 mile time of 13.9 sec and my highest eta at 98.6 mph. It out performed all the other mufflers I have run. I chose torque over horsepower because torque is what gets your vehicle moving off the line. The combination of the 87mm throttle body, bbk headers, and magnaflow y-pipe allowed me to maintain mid and top end power. I'm due for my hemifever update, my goal is to break 100mph in the 1/4 mile, wish me luck.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have used a couple magnaflows, borlas, and flowmasters in the past. I had the flowmaster 40, and super 44 mufflers but now run a 50 series hd muffler and love it. No loss in power, if anything I gained more torque, and it's the only muffler specifically designed for the hemi motor. I recorded my best 1/4 mile time of 13.9 sec and my highest eta at 98.6 mph. It out performed all the other mufflers I have run. I chose torque over horsepower because torque is what gets your vehicle moving off the line. The combination of the 87mm throttle body, bbk headers, and magnaflow y-pipe allowed me to maintain mid and top end power. I'm due for my hemifever update, my goal is to break 100mph in the 1/4 mile, wish me luck.

How does the 50 HD sound compared to the super 44? I've had 40, and super 44 on GMs and I love the super 44 so I was thinking of putting that on the RAM but I keep seeing everybody say the 50 HD is designed for the Hemi and that it is so much better. I just want to know how it stacks up sound wise vs the super 44. I'm not going to the track so I'm not concerned with a .10 of a second or anything.