folks with headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OK I installed my headers the other day with new bolts and lock washers but one side was loose after 3 days so I tightened them up while it was warm . what do I do if they get loose again ? blue thread locker or does someone have another idea?

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm switching mine out for a set of 6.1 studs with lock washer and blue lock tight. I'm tired of fighting with them.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I used stage 8 locking bolts and never had a problem

Wicked96SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used stage 8 locking bolts and never had a problem

Better than lock washer, studs, anything. Work great. Although I would strongly suggest tightening them, warming them up and tightening them again. Then putting the clips on. Some usually do the warm up thing a couple times. I just did it once, and they never loosened up. I've used these since they came out. Can't recommend them enough.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the missing heat shield cause any issue?

I'm thinking about replacing my bolts, but keeping the factory headers for now

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I used a new set of factory gaskets and the factory 6.1 manifold bolts with the heat activated lock tight on them, no problems so far. The factory gaskets don't crush as much as header gaskets and the 6.1 bolts are longer than standard header bolts. I know a lot of times the complaint about loose header bolts is actually the header gaskets compacting.

OP
OP
shane1981

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had my bolts get loose the other day and I think it messed up my gaskets so I bought the factory gaskets and I'm gonna use the clips that came with the stage 8 kit I bought which is what I should have done in the firts place. hopefully this fixes it . I can't stand a leaking exhaust.