Full exhaust or just muffler change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2batruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have the 22 inch magma flow muffler. Just took of the stock exhaust off and put this guy on. Loving the sound. I have a bit of cash on the side and wondering if there is any benefit to putting on the magma flow full exhaust system?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The Magnaflow catback actually uses the exact same muffler you already have. I would slap a set of longtubes on there like mentioned above.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Magnaflow catback actually uses the exact same muffler you already have. I would slap a set of longtubes on there like mentioned above.

Yep that's the next step. A cat back is basically the same thing your running right now. If you have the factory dual exhaust.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
2batruck

2batruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input. I've looked at jba shorties but not worth the money for minimal performance. I don't want to spend money on longtubes. How about a ported throttle body from moe's performance?

hdwrenchtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the flowmaster outlaw direct fit muffler...happy with it. I'm also interested in the ported TB.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I just had my American Racing long tubes with their Ypipe and high flow cats installed by my muffler shop. Now I am installing a full MBRP cat back, worked on it last night and am about to go out and finish. Had a tough angle to deal with so it has taken some extra time. Anyways it simply looks amazing under there with all brand new stainless pipes. I bought a 2012 used with 65k and the muffler looked like it had some spots that could have been a problem in 2-3 years, pipes seemed a bit beefier. But I can rest assure no section will need replacing :)

BlkExpress15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Have another exhaust question. I have a 2015 that has the 2 muffler set up (large one just after the cats, and another small one right before the tip.) Question is, what would be the result if I removed the larger muffler, and kept the smaller one before the tip?