Fumoto Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have one on my wife's Toyota Venza and love it! Had bought it for my car but ended up trading it in before I could install it, but I deff plan on getting one for the Ram.

OP
OP
DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Have one on my wife's Toyota Venza and love it! Had bought it for my car but ended up trading it in before I could install it, but I deff plan on getting one for the Ram.

Yes.. I've put one on one or two of my previous vehicles and they save SO much time and hassle and mess.. Makes oil changes a freaking BREEZE.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
fn106n i think

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got one on my truck....
Have used it twice now and makes draining oil ALOT easier.

But it will give your truck a little ******.....lol

Thats what my wife said it looked like.....haha

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got one on. But I put it in along with amsoil. So I have a while before I can put it to use haha. Also the f106n has a nipple on it to attach a hose to route it to a jug. And the f106s is the short nipple version. Just FYI

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After having a rear ABS line ripped clean out of a connector by unknown road debris in my car which is 7" off the ground, and a safety chain pulled off its eye hook by a duck we ran over while towing with the RAM, I wouldn't trust the lever to stay shut if I happened to run something over. If there were another lever on top and you had to pinch them to get them apart and THEN twist 90*, maybe. Great idea, not quite enough "safety" for me.
My $.02

OP
OP
DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Not sure if you've used or seen this in person.. but, there is nothing pulling this level open..

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if you've used or seen this in person.. but, there is nothing pulling this level open..

I haven't seen it in person; but I remain very skeptical.

So much so, that I keep my oil bolted in. :rockit:

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hadn't thought about an automotive application.

We used to use these on 12V71 Detroit Diesels rigged as emergency diesel generators in marine applications. They made dealing with fuel dilution and thickening much easier since we didn't have sump to sump oil purification on those old engines. :secret:

I'm happy with a drain plug since my HEMI doesn't have a low oil psi trip or alarm. The sound of an engine siezure typically comes too late. :bawl:

1967dart406

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of our equipment in the rental field use them, we replace a fair amount due to leakage or debris getting lodged in them, just another source for an oil leak IMO

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If I understand it correctly, you lift the lever and, maintaining that upward pressure, rotate the lever 90*.

I also thought there was nothing getting this safety chain off its eye hook on my hitch, until a duck bouncing under the truck did just that. (*one end of each chain has this exact type of closure, the other end of each is attached to the underside of the trailer A frame, but it represents the type of closure I thought was infallible)
Only one of the 2 chains popped off, and had been checked by both myself and my FIL- we check each others setup out before leaving for safety.

Attachments

• Safety chain.jpg
    Safety chain.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After having a rear ABS line ripped clean out of a connector by unknown road debris in my car which is 7" off the ground, and a safety chain pulled off its eye hook by a duck we ran over while towing with the RAM, I wouldn't trust the lever to stay shut if I happened to run something over. If there were another lever on top and you had to pinch them to get them apart and THEN twist 90*, maybe. Great idea, not quite enough "safety" for me.
My $.02

They make a safety clip for those that don't trust the valve staying shut, but after being on my wifes car for about 8,000 miles now (and she's NOT the best driver in the world), I'm sold that it'll stay shut.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are other forum members and one in particular who has gotten me on this and he has ram it on every vehicle of his for the past 20 years.