Gear swap help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bang0062

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

I am interested in getting rid of my 3.21 gears in my 2014 1500 sport and upgrading to 3.92 gears. From what I read it sounds like the entire front diff. Needs to be replaced on this model year, that being said I have reached out to places like Mopar One and my local dealers and have gotten zero help in regards to what parts I need to order to complete this conversion. I will use Moe's for the rear ring & pinion but I need help getting a front assembly. Does anyone have any known sites/ part numbers that I can order from to get the front diff. Loaded with 3.92 gears? Also, I can reuse my current half shafts with this swap correct? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate to be "that guy" but there are lots and lots of threads about this very subject. Take a few minutes to look around and see if you can find some of them. There are a few guys that have done this swap and their threads might be very helpful.
Jay

OP
OP
bang0062

bang0062

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will keep looking but I have spent countless hours with dealers, forum searches, Mopar One etc. and have not gotten a solid answer. I am simply looking for anyone that has done it and knows a good place to buy the front diff loaded with gears from. Suggestions say Mopar One but they would not help me when I inquired so they are out. Also, dealer told me they wont do it due to EPA. Just getting tired of looking over and over for an answer I can't seem to find.

I hate to be "that guy" but there are lots and lots of threads about this very subject. Take a few minutes to look around and see if you can find some of them. There are a few guys that have done this swap and their threads might be very helpful.
Jay

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
think you just need to order a complete new front diff, around $700.

EPA, lol stay away from that dealer....

OP
OP
bang0062

bang0062

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct, full replacement is exactly what I want to do. Just need to know who to order it from? Any luck with your local dealers for that price or are there any good online site with Mopar parts that sell it that cheap? Mopar One listed Part Number: 68257422AA (3.92 Axle Differential) for $1033 plus shipping. When I asked about half shaft matching and if indeed that was a loaded front Diff and not just a housing they said they cant give me details. I am assuming it is for that price but not making that expensive of a mistake.

Trust me I will be staying away from them, lol...I don't think they cared for my response when they told me that. :roflsquared:

think you just need to order a complete new front diff, around $700.

EPA, lol stay away from that dealer....

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
As long as you order a front diff for a 14,your axles will fit. You'll learn some new words taking the top 3 bolts out,especially if you have long tube headers,lol.