Getting the power to the ground...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally decided to spend the money to take advantage of the power mods. I will be ordering the Edge 2800 TC soon to go along with the OEM 4.10 gears (yet to be installed) and just ordered the following:
BEARING KITP/N 68067933AA
LSD CARRIER P/N 68090482AA
Figured I'd better spend the money now and not have to pay double for the labor! Did I miss something???

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i think it holds more oil and its supposed to run a little cooler.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
no problem the one i read about was MAG-HYTEC.

$250+. OUCH! With the amount of money I've dropped into gears, LSD and upcoming Edge TC plus installs, this may have to take a back seat. Good future mod but not in the budget right now.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
$250+. Ouch! With the amount of money i've dropped into gears, lsd and upcoming edge tc plus installs, this may have to take a back seat. Good future mod but not in the budget right now.

i know that price tag is the killer part of it.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally decided to spend the money to take advantage of the power mods. I will be ordering the Edge 2800 TC soon to go along with the OEM 4.10 gears (yet to be installed) and just ordered the following:
BEARING KITP/N 68067933AA
LSD CARRIER P/N 68090482AA
Figured I'd better spend the money now and not have to pay double for the labor! Did I miss something???

I just had mine done two weeks ago. Yeah gears, lsd and bearings. I didnt get the bearings but the installer was able to get a set of aftermarket ones that worked.

You have the wrong lsd part number. The correct part number is 68053299AD as of a couple weeks ago unless it changed again.:superhack:

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had mine done two weeks ago. Yeah gears, lsd and bearings. I didnt get the bearings but the installer was able to get a set of aftermarket ones that worked.

You have the wrong lsd part number. The correct part number is 68053299AD as of a couple weeks ago unless it changed again.:superhack:

The part number I have has been used by a few other members from other sites on their 2011 and 2012's. I will confirm for my piece of mind.

**Your part number is correct for a 2013.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is from an older thread - Matt-Moe's performance: Unfortunately, that is an old part# that has since been superceeded to a new more expensive part. The new # is 68053299AD

**Little hunting around pays off...I was able to grab my 4.10 gears (old part number) at the older price and apparently I may have been lucky enough with the LSD as well (fingers crossed that I don't get a cancellation email from the seller). Why Mopar has gone this route beats me! They have locked down these newer trucks with the damn ZF axles then blast the prices of the parts into the sky! Ridiculous...

Last edited:

blk00rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
for diff covers might want to look at something like LPW racing or a cover similar to theirs. I have one on my dakota and it has set screws that you tighten against the bearing caps for extra strength. I have their ultimate series.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
for diff covers might want to look at something like LPW racing or a cover similar to theirs. I have one on my dakota and it has set screws that you tighten against the bearing caps for extra strength. I have their ultimate series.

Will definitely look into it. Thanks for the info

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats cool. I got lucky with my gears and got them at the old price (315) and after my order they jumped the price up to 620. So maybe you will get lucky. Dont really think you need the new diff cover. Maybe if you were getting 4.56s and did a lot of long haul highway travel but the 4.10 arent that low with 33" tires. Let me know how the torque converter works out. That will be my next mod.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
4.10's plus the converter are going to make your truck a whole new beast. Great mod choices.

SWAMP RAT VII

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Muscle truck
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put in the 4:10 I got from Moe's and now I have a Beast. Cant wait to get the TQ!
I bet my 2DR Express with these mods will have better performance than a stock RT for $ 10,000 less!

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Won't fit due to the track bar. The Mag-Hytec I installed barely clears it.

Bluebully since you're lowered be aware that you will have to some cutting to get aftermarket covers to fit. If you crawl under the truck you will see a cross member just above the diff with an additional section the dips down. The dipped section is what you would cut, the rrst of the crossmember can stay. My best guess for it's purpose is for a 5th wheel trailer hitch, but I'm not positive.

OP
OP
BLUEBULLY

BLUEBULLY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a happy camper!!! My order was cancelled due to the part numbers having changed. So my $410 order now seems to be closer to $650-$700. WTF Mopar!!! Now I have to start questioning. Should I just throw the 4.10s in and leave it peg-legged and spend the money on the converter or pull the trigger and spend a ridiculous amount of money on overpriced parts??? Please chime in...

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honestly it might make you the happiest to spend the money on all of it if you are going down the track. Only time I miss a LSD is in the snow and mud for every day driving.