Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance

Group Buy: 1 3/4" Stainless Works Headers

This is a discussion on Group Buy: 1 3/4" Stainless Works Headers within the Engine & Performance forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
You asked for it, we made it happen! We have been in contact with Stainless Works and have been authorized ...

Like Tree37Likes

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Preferred Vendor

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: 6.4
Exclamation Group Buy: 1 3/4" Stainless Works Headers
You asked for it, we made it happen! We have been in contact with Stainless Works and have been authorized to offer a limited production run of 1 3/4" primary Stainless Works headers. Whether or not the 1 3/4" version will go into full production is still up for discussion.

Also, as part of the group buy, we will offer Stainless Works cat-back systems in any configuration as part of a group-buy package deal at deeply discounted prices.

All Stainless Works headers are the height of quality and craftsmanship with unmatched fit and finish.

• 304L Stainless Steel USA Sourced
• Fully tig-welded & CNC mandrel bends
• Lifetime guarantee on materials and workmanship
• Optional Factory connect or performance connect
• Includes all necessary hardware for installation

We fully believe the Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers are a worthwhile upgrade for anything from stock to radically built Hemi engines. However, we understand that many Ram owners prefer the 1 3/4" design for stock to mildly built Hemi 5.7 engines. We will also include the 1 7/8" headers in this group buy if our minimum order for the 1 3/4" is met.

This is an opportunity to purchase premium Stainless Works Ram headers and cat-back exhaust systems at prices lower than what we would normally be able to offer.

If you are seriously interested in participating in this group buy, post here and also send us a PM to express your interest. Most pricing details and custom deals will be discussed via PM until we have enough interest to pull this off.

We are required to have a minimum of 10 1 3/4" Ram headers on deposit before they will go into production. Timeline for production to final delivery will depend on how quickly we are able to meet the group buy minimum.

Note: The Stainless Works headers will fit all models of 09-14 Ram 1500 5.7L. Stainless Works cat-back systems are designed to fit the Quad/Crew cab trucks only.

The headers can be ordered in a factory connect configuration to stock Ram exhaust on all models or Performance connect to Stainless Works cat-back on Quad/Crew models.

Catted Y or Off-Road Pipe connection available in any configuration. Discounts also apply to header coating options!

Initial pricing before group-buy discount will be the same as the Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers.

Visit the Stainless Works site to configure your system's options, and view current retail pricing. Discounts will be calculated from retail advertised price depending on the level of interest.
SW Product Info: Dodge RAM

Thank you and feel free to ask any questions!!

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

[email protected]
276-728-0280

Last edited by GotExhaust.com; 12-27-2013 at 01:05 PM.
GotExhaust.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
AHHH!!! I havnt even gotten my SW exhaust on yet because its a xmas gift from the girlfriend and now this! lol

Whats the main advantage of 1 3/4 over the 1 7/8 ? More Power?

Thanks Pete

Vendors I Use: GotExhaust.com
tazerr222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2010
Engine: Hemi 5.7
I am very interested in the group buy, thanks for pointing this out Tazerr222.

I am interested in the 1 7/8" primaries with cats and performance connection (15903226) and the exhaust system with the performance connection and turbo-S tube mufflers (15903718).
tazerr222 likes this.

RIPP SC - Autometer Elite series gauges (boost, fuel pressure, A/F ratio)
Stainless Works 1 7/8" LT headers and full performance exhaust
L&M built 545RFE w/ ATS 2800rpm TC
Inertia cam, custom tune, and forged 370 stroker motor

USNVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by tazerr222 View Post
AHHH!!! I havnt even gotten my SW exhaust on yet because its a xmas gift from the girlfriend and now this! lol

Whats the main advantage of 1 3/4 over the 1 7/8 ? More Power?

Thanks Pete
Hi Pete, I had a feeling I would see you here .

Here is the deal. Speaking in general terms, the smaller diameter primary tubing will increase exhaust gas velocity better at low RPMs, which promotes more efficient scavenging, and can potentially increase low end torque better than a larger diameter primary tube. Torque is the rotational force that gets your Ram off its ass and moving from a stop light.

However, depending on where your peak power occurs in the RPM range, you could see less of a peak horsepower increase with the smaller diameter primaries than you would with the larger diameter primaries. This is because the smaller diameter tubing may act as a relative restriction at higher RPMs. If you're at the drag strip or on the dyno, you might appreciate the higher peak HP #'s.

That being said, these are trucks and they are far more versatile than a car in how the owner's use them. Many owners tow/haul with their Rams, and stay in relatively low RPM ranges on a daily driving basis. These types of owners would probably appreciate the relative increase in torque offered with the smaller diameter primaries.

When supporting mods start coming into the picture, engine internals, forced induction, etc. Now you're asking your engine to move more air and will need a properly sized header and exhaust system to gain the full benefit of your investment. This is where the 1 7/8" primary headers come into the discussion.

Now, this isn't to say you wouldn't be perfectly happy with the 1 7/8" headers, because you WILL see an increase in torque and horsepower with them. My feeling is that Rams with 1 3/4" primary headers have spent more time on the dyno and the average forum member is more comfortable with the potential gains and outcomes that have been reported by other members.

If you plan on leaving your HEMI stock to mildly built, you will be happy with either diameter primary, honestly. Guaranteed. If you plan on upgrading engine internals or adding other performance mods, the 1 7/8" primaries will be good now and they will be good forever. If you want top end excitement, take a look at the 1 7/8". If you want to get around down just want to know you're maximizing low end torque, take a look at the 1 3/4".

The SW 1 7/8" HEMI headers in the Charger and Challenger scene have been wildly popular, and have dyno'd with tremendous gains. But, those are cars. Cars with often manual transmissions where the owners might find themselves in higher RPM ranges. Cars that don't need as much umph at the low end, and they want to scream from red line to red line.

This group buy is merely an opportunity for RamForum members to get exactly what they have been asking for at the lowest price possible. We will still continue to address and evaluate the needs of our customers to find the best possible setup on a case by case basis. It's great to know that Stainless Works has taken such an interest in the community and is willing to offer options for the members!!

[email protected]
276-728-0280

Last edited by GotExhaust.com; 12-18-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: 5.7 liter Hemi
Default Sw longtubes
I'm interested, sending pm.
bskl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Pm sent...

Yo Nadz STOMPER Build Thread
Lifted & Ignorant 2013 Sport Crew
Proud member of IAFF LOCAL 2665
Yo Nadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Originally Posted by USNVet View Post
I am very interested in the group buy, thanks for pointing this out Tazerr222.

I am interested in the 1 7/8" primaries with cats and performance connection (15903226) and the exhaust system with the performance connection and turbo-S tube mufflers (15903718).
Hey no prob bro! I got the S Tube mufflers as well! I want loud and as GotExhaust.com put it when I ordered them "wake the dead loud" he had me sold! lol

GotExhaust.com - (Andy if I may) - thank you for that explanation, very helpful. Looks as if I will be staying with 1 7/8 primaries when I order.

Also you have to keep me up to date on when that programmer comes out that you were telling me about!

Vendors I Use: GotExhaust.com
tazerr222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013 Quad Cab
Engine: Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
i am interested in the catback with factory connect and S-tube mufflers.

RamHemi5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Preferred Vendor

OK guys, all PMs replied. It seems like we have some good interest here. What I would like to do is start making a list and possibly collecting small refundable deposits for those who are seriously interested. If we can get to 5 I can at least get the wheels in motion.

If you have already PMd me, thank you. I will be following up to gauge serious buyers and make a group buy list in this thread.

[email protected]
276-728-0280
Old 12-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Preferred Vendor

PM replied.

[email protected]
276-728-0280

Tags
exhaust group buy, ramforum group buy