Gutcheck on Vararam vs. Others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Like many, I am trying to squeeze as much performance as I can and not break the bank in the process.

Looking at Vararam, the claim on HP is more than 2X that of my K&N. Can anyone attest to this performance (ideally someone who swapped out K&N CAI for the Vararam)? Incidentally, I am running Moes 87mm TB and have Hemifever tune on Diablo Trinity 1000.

Thanks!

Attachments

• grabber.jpg
    grabber.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 56
  • K and N FIPK.jpg
    K and N FIPK.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 57

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so I love my vararam! The first deciding factor for me was the look! I put mine in along with a 87mm TB, 180 tstat, and hemifever 93 octane tune. Since I did them all at once I can’t honestly tell you the vararam made that big of a difference but I do love it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

customcarz973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the my Vararam, I dynoed my truck with the Vararam, and 87mm Moes TB on my 16 and made 302 and 350 tq. I know other guys in my town that dynoed 280hp 330tq bone stock, so id call it a 22hp gain between the 2, but you dont get any "ram air" action on the dyno. :happy107:

Like many, I am trying to squeeze as much performance as I can and not break the bank in the process.

Looking at Vararam, the claim on HP is more than 2X that of my K&N. Can anyone attest to this performance (ideally someone who swapped out K&N CAI for the Vararam)? Incidentally, I am running Moes 87mm TB and have Hemifever tune on Diablo Trinity 1000.

Thanks!

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not something you're really going to feel, Although some people claim that they do. Matt at Moe's Performance has used them at the track on several trucks and estimates from improved speeds and times that you're actually getting 16 to 18 more rwhp with the Vararam...

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 56

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The vararam has proven time again to have the best performance in the 1/4mile but they do suffer from quality control and installation issues. It's not an uncommon complaint that the bottom of the filter pops off the seal and unfiltered air is running in. You live in Texas so the snow packing issues won't be a worry for you. You'd have to trim a few panels to fit for the flap that goes over the rad, they have been known to rub or flap around.

If you want a sealed intake then the S&B with scoop has the next best performance.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moe’s performance says the HP gain to the Wheels is about 8-12 for the Vararam , slightly more then the s&b if I’m not mistaken.
I have one and I am happy but I did pair it with a tune so I cannot fully tell how much difference it made on its own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the K&N setup before installing the Vararam, it made a big difference in the seat of the pants at launch, K&N sucks too much hot air from under the hood. fwiw

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I had the K&N setup before installing the Vararam, it made a big difference in the seat of the pants at launch, K&N sucks too much hot air from under the hood. fwiw

:word:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think around town you're not going to experience much difference. The difference comes when you are under hard acceleration or at highway speed. That's when you will be able to tell the difference from stock and other types of CIA's. I've had one on all 3 of my 4th gen Rams. I guess that means I'm sold on them----or Matt's a good salesman---:naughty::naughty:
Jay

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334