Has anyone procharged their hemi??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SO.......i've been saving my pennies for lift rims tires blah blah blah. But i got looking into prochargers, leaving the truck looking like it does, and just having it supercharged. Anyone done it???? I was maybe thinking color matching, dropping the back so its level with the front and some 22" KMC slides and supercharged.

SO has anyone procharged? how do you like it? and any videos??

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Could you even do that being a 2012 with no tuning option yet i knw theres pcm swap or piggy back but would ut all be worth it

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
With you being a 2012, you would have to do a PCM swap to successfully run a supercharger. Because of the lack of tuning, your best bet for making big power is to add nitrous.

OP
OP
omega88

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah, I'm sure it wouldn't be worth it, unless one day it was easy to do PCM wise.

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have no idea about the Procharger kit, but RIPP will be releasing their's for the '12+ model years this fall. It will be going on my rig. I run a RIPP kit on my JK Wrangler, features a Vortech V3 blower and it makes nasty HP on a 3.8 V6. Their numbers on the '09 - '10 Rams are impressive; about 430 rear wheel horsepower. Considering a baseline on a chassis dyno is about 290 HP. If you want it in terms of crank horsepower, you're up around 550 vs the factory 390. That's power you can use. You can expect to see pretty much exactly the same numbers on the '12s, same motor, just different ECU/Canbus crap on the newer models.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
What is RIPP planning to do for tuning? They are not going to see those numbers with good daily driving manners without the ability to tune the truck.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have no idea about the Procharger kit, but RIPP will be releasing their's for the '12+ model years this fall. It will be going on my rig. I run a RIPP kit on my JK Wrangler, features a Vortech V3 blower and it makes nasty HP on a 3.8 V6. Their numbers on the '09 - '10 Rams are impressive; about 430 rear wheel horsepower. Considering a baseline on a chassis dyno is about 290 HP. If you want it in terms of crank horsepower, you're up around 550 vs the factory 390. That's power you can use. You can expect to see pretty much exactly the same numbers on the '12s, same motor, just different ECU/Canbus crap on the newer models.

I dont think with those numbers and possibly very low psi unless they use something like the piggy back

Last edited:

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
RIPP is wrapping up development for the '12+ Pentastar JK's. They decided to handle programming in house rather than the earlier models where they used Diablosport. So yes, obviously, it is a tuned ECU. The programming issues with the Pentastar are the same as for our '12+ Hemi's, they solve it on the Jeeps and it's a short jump to programming the Rams, same electronics. RIPP kit on my JK is complete, as in it comes with the blower, mounting hardware/brackets, new injectors, re-gapped spark plugs, and intercooler piping. They only additional thing to think about is they recommend running a solid catback system.

As far as daily driver issues, we ARE talking about installing a supercharger on a fairly large displacement small block. Here's the good: if you drive it respectfully, you will actually see better fuel economy than stock. You get more power for less throttle input. I saw it in my Jeep, 3 mpg better.
The bad: if you have a heavy foot, you'll suck gas like crazy. Larger injectors, different fuel map, what do you expect?

I should say I'm not a rep for RIPP, I've just had their system in my Jeep for over a year. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with these guys again, their kits are extremely well designed and their customer support is excellent, they've been doing this for a long time.

Russ64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive been talking to Pro Charger about their HO system. Like everyone else they are still having issues with the PCM. They are expecting to have that solved this year and with the HO kit with intercooler it should add 130 hp at about 6 lbs of boost and it does come with a 3 yr / 36,000 mile warrenty with it. I also looked into hennessey,s kit but its about twice the price of just the pro charger. I am leaning more towards the pro charger myself!!:cheers:

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive been talking to Pro Charger about their HO system. Like everyone else they are still having issues with the PCM. They are expecting to have that solved this year and with the HO kit with intercooler it should add 130 hp at about 6 lbs of boost and it does come with a 3 yr / 36,000 mile warrenty with it. I also looked into hennessey,s kit but its about twice the price of just the pro charger. I am leaning more towards the pro charger myself!!:cheers:

What exactly does that warranty cover though?

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
So I take it there still won't be anything for the 03 PCM's either (they gave up 8 years ago), jkg aside hopefully they will figure out Tuning and a good set-up for your truck soon!

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Budakane has one on his 08

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
With tuners coming out who's ordering up a supercharger?

I've been talking with RIPP for about 2 months. I'll have one of their first kits out the door. Next stop will be Arrington for heads and a cam.