Headers ARH or Kooks?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon340v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Question i know this forum many have the ARH setup. After having them how whats your take? Any leaks?

The Kooks headers really draw me to getting them due to price. Seems like power wise they produce about the same.

2nd question Without cats will i toss a code? No tuner i know i should do that first before headers but what can i say.

Only Mod i have so far is the Vararam Air Grabber which i did notice a difference in the truck. Also cut the y and am running true dual into 2 cherry bomb Extreme mufflers resonators deleted as well.

I still got 3 years left in the warranty on the truck but im like whatever on it.

Just looking for some advice on it. If i had it my way i would get some Hookers for the truck but i dont think they make long tubes. Used to run ****** Competition headers on my Demon(miss that car)

Thanks!

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also look at Stainless Works, they are in the same quality range as the other 2 and their fitment is top notch.

For the cats you will throw a code if you don't have them and will possibly throw one with them without a tuner.

With LT you will need a tuner. Shorties, I don't think you will need one, but without a tuner you should stick to the stock one if you don't have an issue with them since the gain will be marginal at best.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have ARH on my Camaro and I like them.

When you slap on long tubes you will need a tune.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't go wrong with any of the 3, Kooks, ARH or Stainless Works, they are all quality headers.

The only thing I know about the Kooks that may make them 1 step above the others is how they put there primary tubes in cylinder firing order at the collector so it promotes scavenging and creates a "vortex" so to say that helps draw exhaust from all primary tubes. I'm not sure if the others do this or not, I cant remember if they do.
Either way all are a quality component.

OP
OP
D

Demon340v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You can't go wrong with any of the 3, Kooks, ARH or Stainless Works, they are all quality headers.

The only thing I know about the Kooks that may make them 1 step above the others is how they put there primary tubes in cylinder firing order at the collector so it promotes scavenging and creates a "vortex" so to say that helps draw exhaust from all primary tubes. I'm not sure if the others do this or not, I cant remember if they do.
Either way all are a quality component.

Did not know that on the tube assembly, thanks for the info guys.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have ARH LT's on my truck and Kooks on the Mustang. Both are great but would give the nod to ARH for perfect fitment.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need a Tuner if you put on LT's

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I run ARH on my trucks as well and have been very happy with the quality, fit, and performance from all 3 sets that I have run on my 4th gen Ram trucks.

OP
OP
D

Demon340v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I run ARH on my trucks as well and have been very happy with the quality, fit, and performance from all 3 sets that I have run on my 4th gen Ram trucks.

Im the same guy from the FB post the other day i had posted this before i saw your video up of your latest run.

lol

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I like ARH as well...also had mine ceramic coated and installed with factory mopar gaskets and stage 8 locking header bolts. Bought mine from Matt at Moes with a trinity tuner...he gave me a nice package $$$

cdavisunlimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure if low cost is what you're after, but there's a seller on ebay right now with a bunch of 4th gen long tube headers for 299 a set.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm not sure if low cost is what you're after, but there's a seller on ebay right now with a bunch of 4th gen long tube headers for 299 a set.

Yep, and a member that bought them just posted this picture yesterday of the pipe cracking right at the collector. Cheap Chinese knockoffs are not worth the hassle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 86

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep, and a member that bought them just posted this picture yesterday of the pipe cracking right at the collector. Cheap Chinese knockoffs are not worth the hassle.

Ouch! And I agree. You can get away with it sometimes in a car but trucks tend to bounce and move around a ton more and that extra movement is what will cause this. Seen it too many times.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
You get what you pay for....some just don't get it.:3681700201_eef6d1e2

Also the time and hassle to go through having to change them back out....done right its once and done! After buying headers, getting them coated $300, new gaskets, and high quality header bolts, and labor if you choose not to install them yourself it's about $2200. Best $$$ I've spent on my truck love my long tubes!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Demon340v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Cost is not an issue, I typically like to go the route of being different and I know everyone runs the ARH headers. The Kooks seem to push some real decent power with no tune according to what Kooks say. i cant really find anyone who has them and nothing else to be honest

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Cost is not an issue, I typically like to go the route of being different and I know everyone runs the ARH headers. The Kooks seem to push some real decent power with no tune according to what Kooks say. i cant really find anyone who has them and nothing else to be honest

I respect wanting to run something different... but most run ARH because top quality product....JBA seems to be could as well...also stainless works....not sure about the Kooks but they seem to be a reliable manufacturer....something to think about is who put the most time and research in developing specifically for the ram....My ARH fit like a glove...I also had them ceramic coated inside and out including the y pipe at a local shop....I highly recommend this for any header you choose! Good luck with your purchase.

Also use the mopar oem gaskets and high quality hardware...I went with the stage 8 locking bolts...as tight as the day they were installed...just had them checked.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Yep. ARH has been supporting these newer Ram trucks for more than 6 years now, and picked up 24hp to the wheels on stock tuning. Fitment is perfect and their quality is top notch. That is why you see so many people running their product.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They have established a solid reputation with all their products for years and years--even when I was a kid--:naughty::naughty:
Jay

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I dropped about a second 0-60 on my 2500/6.4 with just the ARH headers and no tune. As I mentioned prior I do use Kooks on my Mustang so not knocking them. But the ARH headers fitment on these trucks is spot on and the obviously the power gain is there. It's TIGHT in some areas so little margin for error on header design.

Bolt a Whipple on if you still want to be different:)