Headers and exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright guys I just had my JBA Longtubes installed yesterday. And I'm not digging the raspiness from the exhaust now. I'm thinking it's my Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler. I'm hoping some of you guys with headers. Can post up some videos for me to help me decide what I'm switching to. Thanks for the help guys.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
Statcher1

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Come on guys surely somebody can help me out with this.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well I can't hear it from here but I suspect you are right. I'd keep the headers and swap out the muffler.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm happy with my 14" Magnaflow and header set up (no resonators). I had a Cherry Bomb Extreme before the headers and found it to be too raspy just on its own. Also had a Borla XL before the headers and am most pleased with the Magnaflow. Seems like the deepest, throatiest of the three. I'm not by my truck right now, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube, although it's hard to just tell by a video.

OP
OP
Statcher1

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been leaning towards a Magnaflow 14 or 18".

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like my mufflex 14. I chose it because it boots right to the existing pipe work. Ive ARH long tubes as well.

I get compliments all the time about its sound.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How much modification had to be done to install the headers? Do you have the stock cat and mid pipes?

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got JBA headers and a mufflex delete. It's super throaty and also get a lot of compliments. No noticeable drone on the HWY either.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got jba long tubes and 14" magnaflow. Thought it was a little loud at first but it has kinda grown on me after getting a few compliments on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much modification had to be done to install the headers? Do you have the stock cat and mid pipes?

If you have long tube headers, you are not going to have the stock y-pipe. There is no real modification needed. The jba headers bolt right in with the jba y-pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk