Headers Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
Hi all , what do i benefit performance wise if i added short tube headers to my mods below on my 2010 hemi and will i lose low end torque

1. S&B CAI
(MOE'S PERFORMANCE)
2. 87mm throttle body (
MOE'S PERFORMANCE)
3. magnaflow Y pipe
(MOE'S PERFORMANCE)
4. Pypes violator muffler
5. DiabloSport (Engine and trans.Custom Tune)
6. Oil filter breather
7. HKS tb grounding wire

Last edited:

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Your truck would "breath" a lot easier with the headers installed. I don't think you will have to worry about losing any low end torque. With the mods you have listed and the headers, I think you will be very happy with the end result.

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all , what do i benefit performance wise if i added short tube headers to my mods below on my 2010 hemi and will i lose low end torque

1. S&B CAI
(MOE'S PERFORMANCE)
2. 87mm throttle body (
MOE'S PERFORMANCE)
3. magnaflow Y pipe
(MOE'S PERFORMANCE)
4. Pypes violator muffler
5. DiabloSport (Engine and trans.Custom Tune)
6. Oil filter breather
7. HKS tb grounding wire

A few questions:
1) what is an oil filter breather?
2) what are its benefits?
3) are they available for my 2013 1500?

OP
OP
adventurer

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Oil filter breather is a replacement of catch can, i have been using it since 2007 on my 06 ram with no problems and now almost 2 years on my 2010 ram . i only replace the small filter every 2 years or so when its become dirty instead of fitting catch can and empty it every while.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
First off, you wont lose any tq with the shorty headers. Most shorties produce power in the mid-upper rpm ranges, but yo uwont lose any tq down low though.

2nd, that breather filter is on a completely different hose than where the catch can mounts. The catch can replaces the line that runs from the back passenger side of the intake manifold to just under your throttle body. It is a completely different hose.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for clearing that up Matt, I was confused about this myself, cheers!

OP
OP
adventurer

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
2nd, that breather filter is on a completely different hose than where the catch can mounts. The catch can replaces the line that runs from the back passenger side of the intake manifold to just under your throttle body. It is a completely different hose.

then please can you tell me what is this hose the filter on so i can fix everything ..

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was under the impression that the crank case vent connector was already filtered on the S&B. So there shouldn't be a need for a filter there on the S&B CAI. I may be wrong but i think I remember a thread about this a while back.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The hose that you have the filter on is the breather hose. It is OK to run the filter like you have it. The catch can goes on the hose under your engine cover that runs from the back passenger side of the intake manifold to just under the throttle body. This is a pressurized system, so you cant just throw a filter on that hose. There is also a lot of oil coming through that hose, so you would have to replace the filter every week. You would need to install a catch can to properly keep the oil out.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I was under the impression that the crank case vent connector was already filtered on the S&B. So there shouldn't be a need for a filter there on the S&B CAI. I may be wrong but i think I remember a thread about this a while back.

That is correct. There is hot air coming through that hose though, so by taking it out of the airbox, it will keep that extra heat out of the engine. Vararam includes a breather filter with their kits as well so that you don't have to hook that hose back up to the intake.

Drew78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to thread jack but hemi450 do you know if the bbk shorties fit the 2009 4x4's? I have an exhaust leak and want to put on some shorties while I fix the leak. Thanks

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Unfortunately, the BBK's will only fit the 2wd's. We had 2 different 4wd customers try to fit them, and they would not go in. We have a few sets of the JBA's in stock here though...both plain stainless and the silver ceramic coated.

OP
OP
adventurer

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Damn that sucks. How much would I be looking at shipped for the coated jba's?

man .... the JBA Titanium Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers for my truck will cost me $ 1700 ( if not more ) shipping and tax included to reach my country.

Last edited: