Hellcat throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Just curious if anyone has tried this out yet on the 5.7? :favorites13:

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I remember right, it is a 92mm TB which is way too big for any 5.7 unless it is HEAVILY modded. Not even sure it will bolt up and if it does, will the electronics comply with the PCM?

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would have no beneficial gain unless lots of other supporting mods are done....if it even bolted on to the Intake

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Actually my brother in law is the GM of the dealership and he started it. I stood about 5 ' behind between the pipes. It was pretty cool. Place was empty so he gave it a little. Loud as hell inside. Can't imagine what the Demon is going to be like.

OP
OP
B

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Just a question!

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Was drooling over those last night. Shopping for wheels/tires right now. I really like the brass monkey color. On another note Dodge beat me to the punch, I've been going through drawings and emblems for months to find the right devil head to put in place like Hellcat badge... And now they have come out with the Demon and it's emblems are perfect. Damn them!

Murder_ram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just go one Moe's performance and order the biggest throttle body and go ahead and get a intake and a programmer because without that stuff the throttle body is useless

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Reason I asked. I was reading on the hellcat and I noticed they use a 90mm or a 92mm throttle body. I don't remember the exact size. So I was curious if any one had tried it out yet.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Just go one Moe's performance and order the biggest throttle body and go ahead and get a intake and a programmer because without that stuff the throttle body is useless

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

The Moe's throttle bodies are just ported OEM TBs that use the stock 80/82mm butterfly plate, the HC's TB uses a 92mm butterfly plate so it'll flow a LOT more air than any of the ported TBs possibly can. The real problem with fitting it onto a normal hemi intake manifold is none of them can be opened up enough to have a smooth transition to the 92mm exit port; also, very few people on this board have an engine that demands any more than an 85mm true-bore throttle body so a 92mm or 95mm ported TB will hurt performance.

Reason I asked. I was reading on the hellcat and I noticed they use a 90mm or a 92mm throttle body. I don't remember the exact size. So I was curious if any one had tried it out yet.

The guys on the car side have tried to make it work but there's a lot of port mismatch on any of the hemi intake manifolds; you can't machine the intake manifold enough to not have severe perturbations to the air flow. Modern Muscle has an adapter and wiring harness to make their ported 95mm HC TB fit so it can be done. Even my ported 6.1L intake manifold can only be safely opened up to 90mm and that's the true-bore TB size I run and that's plenty of TB for even the amount of air demand of my engine. The only way you need a bigger TB is if you're running a positive displacement blower which has a very high intake volume demand and that's why magnuson offers a 104mm TB for their big blowers. That would be overkill and actually harm performance on a N/A build, especially at stock displacement.

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Just started a Hellcat at the dealership. HOLY FU@$!!

I took this one for a bit of a joyride. And yes, holy f@ck.

15170853_10210019451156019_5312691656224803046_n.jpg

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sent my TB to Fastman to be ported. It works great. I ended pulling the throttle boost back down to 0 from 12 because it was so jumpy. Highly recommend this mod. Plus its a true bore 84mm. I know, some of you are going to say its overkill but the 5L mustangs run a 85 or 90mm. And the 84mm from Fastman feels great, looks great, good price, fast turn around time and smooth idle.

BlackEdition1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sent my TB to Fastman to be ported. It works great. I ended pulling the throttle boost back down to 0 from 12 because it was so jumpy. Highly recommend this mod. Plus its a true bore 84mm. I know, some of you are going to say its overkill but the 5L mustangs run a 85 or 90mm. And the 84mm from Fastman feels great, looks great, good price, fast turn around time and smooth idle.

Do you remember how you paid to have your TB ported?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

where did you have this done and what other mods do you have on the engine? tks.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are looking for less throttle lag, and a little bump in power, you might think about sending your throttle body to Fastman and have him put his machining magic on it. Or you can purchase a new one from him. He gets them direct from Chrysler and machines them. I had him machine the one on my Challenger and it worked very nice over stock. I should of pulled it off the car before I traded it in on the new Rebel.

https://www.thefastman.com/throttlebodiesHemi.php