Which one

• Vararam

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • S&B

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Leave it stock

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new intake. The only 2 that I like is the S&B and vararam. What are the goods and bars of each? And why choose one over the other. One question I have on the vararam is what do you do when you need a replacement filter (I guess just order from them and hope they don't go out of business). My other question with the vararam is when it rains does water get in it any? Anyway I am going to make a poll and see which one is preferred and why.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ive had 0 issues with my vararam as far as weather is concerned its a little flimsy but not if its tight to the hood like it's supposed to be and its a reusable filter .i use my k&n kit to clean mine

tuned by Jay Greene

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I picked the S&B to have an enclosed sealed unit. I do some driving in sand when i go back home, and if i go on one of my long roadtrips (usually 8-10 hours at a time, make them about 6 times a year), i don't want to have to worry about rain. I know that is a point of much debate, but I opted to go with the sealed setup to be on the safe side. Construction is great. Parts all seem well engineered. Good instructions. CARB approved, if that matters. Even though i don't live in CA, i went ahead and mounted the sticker so it won't get lost. You never know where you'll end up...

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I like my K&N...looks great, sounds great. Don't get all the hate....I've driven K&N intakes on my vehicles for hundreds of thousands of miles...to each his/her own.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
someone posted a few pictures of snow inside the vararram. if snow gets in so will rain. i would go for the S&B.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
someone posted a few pictures of snow inside the vararram. if snow gets in so will rain. i would go for the S&B.
20e6da6458a31c49fdc242a7d0bd4748.jpg

Not a drop of water or snow up in mine. And as for the filter replacement, it is cleanable and reuseable. But you can purchase a spare from vararam if you wish.

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk