Help me decide on cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H8Train

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a S&B for mine. I'm happy with it, feels more responsive. Next upgrade will probably be a ported throttle body.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I️ just installed an s&b and noticed it has better throttle response and a slight increase in the exhaust sound. It also seems to hold mds a little better at cruising speeds. Otherwise everything else was the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was playing around with my truck going down the highway doing about 55-60 and decided to floor it. I could feel the truck fishtail. It didn’t do that before the intake. I also have the carven progressive muffler installed

OP
OP
H

hemi_hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So for you guys that have one is the vararam wobbly with the hood up ?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Here you go. Now figure out witch one of the 2 does this and you have your answer. If you spend money, you want to see some gain.

https://youtu.be/EkpsydS8JXI
Well, ... might be relevant if the Hemi used a carburetor. With fuel injections and an Engine Control Module? Not so much.

For my money living where it snows, I like the S&B.
Do I get anything over the OEM box? I hear a bit and maybe feel a lil sump'n, but not enough to spend money on a dyno.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Doesn’t the rams use a different intake sensor then most, so cold air intakes aren’t as effective? I put an S&B intake on my 03, not much effect. I always wonder how much gains that aren’t from the trusty butt dyno...every time I upgrade my truck I tend to drive it harder then normal, then it feels like it’s faster then before...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn’t the rams use a different intake sensor then most, so cold air intakes aren’t as effective? I put an S&B intake on my 03, not much effect. I always wonder how much gains that aren’t from the trusty butt dyno...every time I upgrade my truck I tend to drive it harder then normal, then it feels like it’s faster then before...

Rams use a Map sensor or mass air pressure sensor. Most others use a Maf or mass air flow sensor. Maf sensors tend to get more results from the intakes because they respond to more air. Map sensors respond to cooler/denser air but gain with a tune to respond to the increase in air flow.