Help Please Urgent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwilsonlcchef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just purchased a used 2012 ram 3500 with only 70K miles on it. Within the first day of owning the truck I got a check engine light with egr codes. Took it to the dealer, had the egr valve cleaned and crank shaft filter replaced.They said I should be good to go, is I pulled my 13,000 pound with will to Hilton head front Tennessee 400 miles. Sure enough on the way back the check engine light comes back on. I get the following codesp2002,p244a,po868,p0218, The last two the po868, and the p0218, are transmission related. Could the egr messing up cause these codes. The main reason I ask is I just dropped my truck of to have. diesel delete kit installed (they are to do it tomorrow morning).
That being said I still have 6 months of my powertrain warranty on the truck. I just hope there are no transmission issues going on with the truck. This was an expensive truck even though it was used. This delete is going to cost me $2100, and I just paid for all that egr cleaning

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would fix everything before deleting while under warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
if you dont get your answer here, check turbo diesel registry, they know everything Cummins.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would hold off on the delete until repaired under warranty.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, I'm not a diesel guy, but I've never heard of a "crank shaft filter", unless you meant the crankcase vent filter... If so, that shouldn't have anything to do with throwing transmission codes anyways. Are you sure they actually did anything other than just clear the codes? Think you need to find a different shop...

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Well, I'm not a diesel guy, but I've never heard of a "crank shaft filter". Are you sure they actually did anything other than just clear the codes?

He is probably referring to the crank case filter under the plastic cover over the top of the Cummins engine. It is usually changed around 60K miles. I too would recommend getting all warranty things covered before doing deletes, no reason to give the dealer any reason to deny you.