HELP! Truck will not tune or go back to stock. POS Diablo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

620mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone help??? I was trying to upload my Hemifever tune today, it went through all the steps, I know I did everything right, and then it said it failed due to an error and had to go back to stock. I tried that, and it said it couldn't reload the stock tune, and it's been doing this over and over for 2 hours trying to reload the stock tune. I'm about to break this damn thing. I've used it a few times already and had no issues, but I had to revert to stock today for a bit, and when I tried to reload my tune that's when all this crap started. I do not have the computer cable to plug into my pc either. Please help if you have any ideas.

schwarz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7 4x2 3.92
Call DiabloSport they will help you get it sorted out over the phone.

OP
OP
620mac

620mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I work 6am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, are their support hours after 5? I also don't have the computer cable. I've tried unhooking the battery for an hour, that did nothing. The truck is showing all error messages possible, and will not accept the stock tune at this point.

OP
OP
620mac

620mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still will not do anything. Really need some help on this, and I know I'm not the only one who's had this issue. Can someone please give me some advice (aside from throwing this pos tuner away).

OP
OP
620mac

620mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, found the computer cable. Hoping there's more options now.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you either e-mail or send a PM to Hemifever I think he is really fast in getting back to customers that are having problems. I'm not sure on Sunday but during the week it seems like it doesn't take him long to answer. Also you might try Matt at Moe's Performance.
I just read your other post about how happy you were with Diablo. Although I can understand why your pissed off, IMHO you need to tone it down a notch or two before you start asking for help. You might get a faster and more civil response. Your call----
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
620mac

620mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you either e-mail or send a PM to Hemifever I think he is really fast in getting back to customers that are having problems. I'm not sure on Sunday but during the week it seems like it doesn't take him long to answer. Also you might try Matt at Moe's Performance.
I just read your other post about how happy you were with Diablo. Although I can understand why your pissed off, IMHO you need to tone it down a notch or two before you start asking for help. You might get a faster and more civil response. Your call----
Jay

Got an email from Sean, he said disconnect the battery, which I tried to no avail. Now I'm stuck in recovery mode, and I have to be at work at 6:30am 40 minutes from where I live. I'm frustrated for a reason. When is DS customer service hours? 8-5 my time zone, which is completely useless for me, and many other people who have these issues. If they're gonna put out a product with so many issues, then they should at least have support during the hours we are actually available to work on our trucks. Not all of us have free time whenever we want. I also know their customer service forums are completely useless, and it can take hours to reach them on the phone. I'm not talking bad about them for no reason, I'm talking bad because they put out crap products and have horrible customer service, which now makes me basically out of my truck until Friday.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
you need to get in touch with diablo or take it to your dealer. If disconnecting the battery and trying to reload the stock tune doesnt work then there is a different problem.
You cant call them on your break?

Also in diablo's defense I don't see very many people with this issue. Especially on here.

Could have been caused by many different things.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya take it to your dealer and say your custom tune screwed up your truck. I wouldn't do that.

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Diablosport is on Eastern time as they are in Florida. I hope you get it fixed.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your battery connected right now ?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
This is not something that happens all the time, but 9 times out of 10, this happens because the installer hit continue with the key in the wrong position...Had it on when it was supposed to be off, or vice versa. If this happened and the PCM will not recover, then first step would be to try updating the tuner again and then plugging it into your truck. Also, make sure you turn the key twice to put it in the "ON/RUN" position and not just once to put it in the "ACC" position.

If that does not work, then you will need to talk to Diablo to have them try resetting the tuner over the phone. If that still does not work, then you would need to ship your PCM to them to be reflashed or take it to your local dealership to be reflashed.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before you try the process as stated above by Hemi450hp

Try this : with the battery cables connected , hood shut , get in shut all doors , insert the fob , turn to acc, wait 10 seconds , turn to ON/RUN wait 10 seconds , turn fob to ACC wait 10 seconds , turn off wait 10 seconds , remove fob wait 30 seconds, release hood latch , open drivers door only , close drivers door , open hood disconnect NEG battery terminal first then Positive terminal and touch NEG & POS terminals together for 10 seconds . Now leave them disconnected for 30 mins .
At this point reconnect the battery POS Then NEG shut the hood and follow Hemi450hp instructions above .
Hope this helps !

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
you may have to call Diablo, I'm kinda in the same boat because I can't go to stock but I can at least load custom tunes to the PCM but not TCM (which I don't care about anyways), when I go to load tunes I get the error where it didn't load tune and needs to go back to stock (which won't load), I just hit the escape key (predator) and go ahead and load my custom tunes like I normally do, it will load tune to pcm and accept (when it resets my clock I know it's completed), then it will try and load tcm but fail. I took a day off and called Diablo while I sat in the truck and they reset the tuner and installed new backup file signatures. Although it didn't work (they suggest I take my truck to be flashed..which I won't do), I can work with what I have and the new procedure i'm doing.