hemi down :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five.SevenlExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
thats what my buddies mustang cobra was doing... It draw all power from system and battery..... and not start.

We replaced the starters and it was A - OK...

HOPE you get your truck back bro.. i was stationed at fort sill.... they were ****** to me when i had my V6 there

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did they use a hydrometer to test the battery or did they just test the voltage? A hydrometer gives you a reading of specific gravity in a cell.

How to Test a Car Battery for a Dead Cell | eHow.com

My Dad put a new battery in his 99' Ram from Wally World. Needless to say it was dead so he took it back. Wal-Mart didn't even know how to test for a dead cell. They just tested the voltage and told him it was alright. He bought a hydrometer and tested it himself in front of the manager to show him that it was dead. The manager then replaced the battery for free. I wouldn't be surprised if the "technicians" wherever you took your truck didn't even know what a hydrometer is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DisturbedGator

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok well i got the truck back this morning. they called really early so i was skeptical but so far so good. they said that a connection along the positive wire that goes to the battery had worked its way loose hence the bizarre behavior. Im not sure if I buy it but as long as its running good im not too worried about it. I might get me an optima here in the near future just of what was said about the batteries that come stock in these trucks.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
In my experience dealers are terrible at diagnosing problems, and also overpriced. I took mine in over the weekend for a squeak coming from the front end and they wanted to charge me $60 in labor to have them drive it, then I took it to my mechanic,and in 5 minutes he quoted me for a new wheel bearing. Don't know why they're terrible, they just are...

Amen brother

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Also since the battery that came in mine was something like 625 CCA and 140 reserve I took it out and use it in my boat and then I bought a 34R with 775CCA and 129 reserve from Deka and put in the Ram. I don't know why it came with a little battery. I think it may be because i don't have block heater in my truck so they did not prep it for north. It starts up easier than stock and I need that when it gets crazy cold in the winter. Original battery is still working though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01