Hemi Fever fans... What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
Also I just noticed from the pics as to just how bad the 2C clutches are burnt up. I've seen burnt 2C clutches in the past, but not destroyed like in the pic's unless there was a mechanical issue. The 2C clutches are only applied in 2nd gear and 5th or 6th depending if its a 5 speed or 6 speed transmission. From my past experience it looks like there's a bad leak somewhere. This leak could be from a torn 2C piston seal or 2C tower seal. Of the many transmissions I've rebuilt I've only seen 1 torn 2C tower seal, but many torn 2C seals. Definitely not a tuning problem.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has more to do with how you drive than what you have done to the truck. If you like to street race, do WOT downshifts on the highway, or go 130+ while holding WOT in 4th gear, then it is only a matter of time before the transmission fails.

Why on earth would you even want to drive like that is what I'm wondering...

This topic reminds me of all the idiots I used to deal with that would put big turbos, injectors on and burn up their injectors cause they were still using their stock fuel pump, or they would blow off their heads cause to much pressure and no head studs and always say that cummins is crap.... instead of realizing they are idiots and don't know how to build vehicle.... its not just the engine you look at....
Its like a meat head who never shows up for leg day...

I, for one, still wish they'd put a six speed manual in these things, and come out of the factory with 4.10s. Some Wranglers do. It can be done.

This is on my dream list and hopes to one day see if I can get a viper 6 speed in one... I know guys that have bolted them to a 428 fords and 426 hemi's so anything is possible

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do it. I want your suspension.... I love the way it looks:happy107:

I wish I knew what was done to get it to sit this low... but I bought it this way... once I get the shop up (weather wont let me) I plan to tear it apart and will know more of what was done. I love how it looks too just needs to sit 1/2-3/4 lower in the rear

MKM7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think Hemi-Fever knows what he is doing...I installed his tune and gained 10 lbs last month.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should have put the tune in your truck instead of putting it into yourself :naughty:
Jay

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 R/T with 68,000 miles on it and I have ran the **** out of it since day one. I have had line pressure boosters, hemifever tunes ext, and I have had no tranny problems what so ever. 4:10 gears, 2800 stall, stock 22 inch wheels. I have driven 120-130mph numerous time with guys that wanted to drive to china and back instead of the 1/4 mile. Won't do that again lol, but still going strong.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have a 2012 R/T with 68,000 miles on it and I have ran the **** out of it since day one. I have had line pressure boosters, hemifever tunes ext, and I have had no tranny problems what so ever. 4:10 gears, 2800 stall, stock 22 inch wheels. I have driven 120-130mph numerous time with guys that wanted to drive to china and back instead of the 1/4 mile. Won't do that again lol, but still going strong.

Who did your gears and stall?

SWAMP RAT VII

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Muscle truck
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right On! The only thing Hemi Fever burned up in my truck after 50,000 miles has been the Tires!