Hemi low idle loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I have a 2011 1500 HEMI with 26,*** miles on it. For the past month the truck has been acting a bit weird and I cant figure out the issue. The truck has a cold air intake and ARH long tubes with a Magnaflow exhaust. about 1 month ago I got a check engine light P0133 & P0153 left & right front 02 sensors saying "slow response" so I changed both of them with OEM parts. Check engine light never came back on. The problem is sometimes the truck starts to idle low around 500RPM and my truck always idles at about 750RPM. The truck also seems to loose a bit of power when it starts to idle funny. Any ideas?

MEchase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it looks like it doesn't get driven a ton. Is there a chance that it sat for a while and has fuel issues? Maybe gummed up the fuel system? Have you used a fuel injector cleaner? You are also about to hit your 30,000 mile plug maintenance.

When it looses power and idles funny, I'm assuming this happens while driving and idling at stop lights? Or does it happen in your driveway at the cold initial startup? If it is idling funny in your drive way and you drive it, do the idle problems appear cleared up at the next stop light?

OP
OP
B

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Thanks for the response. Plugs are also new changed about 5000 miles ago. I've had a few tanks of gas still happening. I'll come to a stop light an notice the truck not idling right then I look at the tach and notice its at about 500rpm then when I pull away the truck doesn't seem to move as well.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
first thing i would do is run a bottle of chevron techron through the fuel system and take a nice long highway drive. i would also check the TPS and CPS. if none of them were the issue, i would have it checked by a mechanic.

OP
OP
B

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I ran a bottle of sea foam a few weeks back. Really didn't notice a difference. Thanks for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it! Dealer said it was because of my headers. I don't think so they been on for years now. Problem started maybe 6 weeks ago