Hemi v6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Or by the exhaust alone.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
obama wanted to outlaw v8's

It is only a matter of time before you commies out there win and end Hemi v8's. Ever time a brainless dimwhit votes dem, we are headed this way. I **** you not, the ****** state of CA is trying to outlaw cow farts. It is a matter of time before we all will wear pants that will charge your credit card everytime you pass gas. Enjoy those v8's while you can.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
obama wanted to outlaw v8's

It is only a matter of time before you commies out there win and end Hemi v8's. Ever time a brainless dimwhit votes dem, we are headed this way. I **** you not, the ****** state of CA is trying to outlaw cow farts. It is a matter of time before we all will wear pants that will charge your credit card everytime you pass gas. Enjoy those v8's while you can.

didnt obama drive a hemi 300 while he was a senator?

i will enjoy my hemi for another 10 years or so.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The v6 ram I drove felt nearly identical to my hemi ram while just cruising around. The v6 paired with the 8 speed is surprisingly peppy. Hell, my wife's 8 speed v6 Durango will outrun most of our trucks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The v6 ram I drove felt nearly identical to my hemi ram while just cruising around. The v6 paired with the 8 speed is surprisingly peppy. Hell, my wife's 8 speed v6 Durango will outrun most of our trucks.

Just drove a new V6 Rebel and it wouldn't even come close to my Hemi.Sounded lame a **** also.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I said just cruising, like a grandpa. If you get on the hemi will run circles around it

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

my wifes 3.2 pstar cherokee limited will give our trucks a run for the money.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ecohemi next?

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
v6 --or---V8

:) That's right, they can coax over 650 HP out of a turbo'd v6, but--

There's no way to duplicate that lowend torque and best of all the heart pleasing sound of a torqy v8 exhaust pu[se's/and rowdy how[; as the RPM climbs---

Ya just can't get that from a v6, no matter how much the output--

That's my story and I'm sticking toit !

Whatever

:crazy: JIMBO

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
:) That's right, they can coax over 650 HP out of a turbo'd v6, but--

There's no way to duplicate that lowend torque and best of all the heart pleasing sound of a torqy v8 exhaust pu[se's/and rowdy how[; as the RPM climbs---

Ya just can't get that from a v6, no matter how much the output--

That's my story and I'm sticking toit !

Whatever

:crazy: JIMBO

the f150 ecoboost seems to have pretty good low end torque. agree, you cant get the sound.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
So the people that bought the truck thinking it was a Hemi, are they getting new trucks?

OP
OP
M

Maine Jim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the people that bought the truck thinking it was a Hemi, are they getting new trucks?

Although the story didn't address that, I'm sure they are NOT getting a new truck. Window sticker and all paperwork would be correct and it really wouldn't matter what some decorative badge indicated.

Update.....
I don't think any of these ever were sold. This story linked to a TB the dealers got.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Are you sure yours isn't just a V6 with a Hemi badge? :rofl:

Considering there's nearly 100HP and 140 ft/lb of torque difference, I can't imagine the V6 feeling (or sounding) anything like my Hemi.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure yours isn't just a V6 with a Hemi badge? :rofl:

Considering there's nearly 100HP and 140 ft/lb of torque difference, I can't imagine the V6 feeling (or sounding) anything like my Hemi.
If you don't get on it hard, it's pretty hard to tell. Most wouldn't notice until moderate throttle.

Its really surprising

Matty Moo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The v6 ram I drove felt nearly identical to my hemi ram while just cruising around. The v6 paired with the 8 speed is surprisingly peppy.

Having owned both, I completely agree. Just leisurely puttering around town there is little difference except for the exhaust note. Getting into the throttle is a different story, but the 3.6 is no slouch either.