Hemifever Tuned!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run my truck on LPG, just did some reading and it apears that LPG has 108-110 octane..
Is this favourable if i use diablo trinity? I bought a trinity today @ hemifever :) cant wait .....

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Arrived yesterday :eek:... Updated (pain) trinity, hooked it up and got a "vehicle needs a update" done that aswell! Mailed Sean, got the 93 octane hemifever tuned within the hour!

Gonna install today :)

Sean is a great guy to deal with!

Colin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@AceBlackRam: I'm really interessted in your experience with the tuner and LPG, as I have my 2011 QC running on LPG as well. Haven't found anybody who uses a tuner and LPG this far.

Your custom tune is specially tailored for usage with LPG?

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Colin,

Talked with Sean about me running my truck on LPG so he had it in mind when customizing the tune i guesse. Ill have to ask him to be sure tho..

Only drove to the gasstation, the shifting is different, also better responce, its more agressive overall... So im gonna see if i get better mpg soon:)

Tfrizz80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone pulled a load with this tune? I am pulling a car 700 miles in a couple of months. Do u need to change to a different tune or is this a good all around tune for anything? Also my boat weighs 2500 lbs loaded down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Colin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on the mileage?

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Colin,

Hang on buddy, before diablo trinity, i ran 757 km with 161 liters! mostly highway driving (Cruiscontrol).. so i did 4.7 km with 1 liter..

Ive filled my lpg tank (161 liters) im @ 610 km right now

I got a custom tune from Sean, but it is not final, i need to log some data and sent it to him so he can make a final tune.. Will do this this weekend

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Allright!

I would not have believed it if i hadnt experienced it myself!

Before installing trinity and hemifever custom tune, i filled my truck with 161 liter LPG and drove it to work, same route everyday on cruise control @ 90 km an hour! In the weekend driving around town, groceries etc... All in all got 757 km.. It comes to 4.7 km per liter.

Now with trinity and hemifever tuning i drove same route during the week, but in the weekend i drove more then normal in town and had my foot down for some WOT runs for the sake of data logging :)..

Today LPG pushed its last drop through the system and got me @851 km

That is a serious improvement of 94 km.

I also believe i can get it to go 900 km per full tank, because of weather conditions the last couple of days (snow)

All in all im very happy with this device and give my thanks to Sean@hemifever!!

Colin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow, this is a really nice achievement. Guess hemifever will be my way to go some time in summer.

How's the performance with the new tune?
And do you have a 180 T-Stat or the factory T-Stat installed? This would be interesting since you are more or less in the same climate region as I am (living in Germany close to France)

Last edited:

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it is! Performance is def. Improved, i am using the factory T-stat, have not looked into the 180 T-stat...

I live in the Netherlands so we are neighbours :)