How long have you had your vararam intake on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depending on the number of miles I drive and the environmental circumstances ie; dirt roads, lots of pollen, or mostly highway, I usually check mine about once every 3 months. I think if I lived out in west Texas, I'd buy a second filter and use it as a spare so you always have a clean one to swap out. I think every couple of months in your situation would be OK unless you had one of those wonderful dust storms, then I'd check it the next day--
Jay

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
notice how he never talked about cleaning the fliter or changing it in the video

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
I live in Lubbock TX too and my vararam works just fine in our lovely weather.
After a big dust storm you will always need to clean it since they suck in so much air.

Also driving around in that blizzard we had last year my filter was soaked so be conscious when driving in heavy rain and snow.
Rain/snow would be fine but I was out playing in the blizzard late that night when it was blowing in but you can easy place a rag in the front of the filter to soak up the water.

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
which reminds me, I probably should clean mine.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depending on the number of miles I drive and the environmental circumstances ie; dirt roads, lots of pollen, or mostly highway, I usually check mine about once every 3 months. I think if I lived out in west Texas, I'd buy a second filter and use it as a spare so you always have a clean one to swap out. I think every couple of months in your situation would be OK unless you had one of those wonderful dust storms, then I'd check it the next day--
Jay

I was wondering if I could by filters by themselves. Thanks for the info, i will contact vararam today

notice how he never talked about cleaning the fliter or changing it in the video

True, I also saw how his gasket seal was on bottoms so pulled mine yesterday to see it. It looked correct

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in Lubbock TX too and my vararam works just fine in our lovely weather.
After a big dust storm you will always need to clean it since they suck in so much air.

Also driving around in that blizzard we had last year my filter was soaked so be conscious when driving in heavy rain and snow.
Rain/snow would be fine but I was out playing in the blizzard late that night when it was blowing in but you can easy place a rag in the front of the filter to soak up the water.

From what I have heard, our weather is one of a kind lol. how long have you had yours

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'll find that the filters ain't cheap----:naughty:
Jay

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Coming close to 3 years now and absolutely no issues, but I have the "Air Grabber" which isn't available for my Ram, only the Hemi Under Glass is and I haven't heard great things about those so I customized a 4th gen to work on my 3rd gen. Seen that video and he didn't have the filter properly seated and the lip properly attached to get that much dust, there's a certain way to assemble the unit so that it seals correctly. I believe he was an internet "moron" expert.

Attachments

• IMG_20150819_181128_363.jpg
    IMG_20150819_181128_363.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couple years.
I blow it out with a compressor. Have yet to use the green solvent and re oil.

Jake91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5 months here i clean it when it looks dirty ive done it twice now in the last 6k miles. Im in az so off-road and dust storms take their toll. I just blow itnout with the compressor and if it looks dry through a bit of oil on it. Been using the k&n oil as i have it laying around and didnt care if the filter turned red lol