HPTuners tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a list of HPTuner tuners for our trucks mainly because I have multiple platforms to tune and it just ends up being more cost effective once the hardware is purchased.

Still kicking myself for ever selling it in the first place.......I'm not a tuner but it was nice to make minor changes on the fly.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I have two tuners who will tune with HPT, the one is local, and the other is Jay. Jay's offered to tune remotely using HPT and we'll be starting this spring. I picked up the pro suite because I want to learn how to tune and adjust my truck myself; I've had enough issues with Diablo that I'm fed up with their limitations; and because I've spent way too much money on different tuners and dyno time only to find that they can't work within my work schedule constraints when it comes to updates and revisions and I've worked with some of the top hemi tuners.

Niteboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have two tuners who will tune with HPT, the one is local, and the other is Jay. Jay's offered to tune remotely using HPT and we'll be starting this spring. I picked up the pro suite because I want to learn how to tune and adjust my truck myself; I've had enough issues with Diablo that I'm fed up with their limitations; and because I've spent way too much money on different tuners and dyno time only to find that they can't work within my work schedule constraints when it comes to updates and revisions and I've worked with some of the top hemi tuners.

if i had to do it all over again I would go HP. Diablo is,in my opinion, not so great. The user basically can only tune WOT fuel and timing. I dont floor it from every stop. I want to be able to tune part throttle,light loads. Thats where i spend most of my time.

I want to be in control of my tune, instead of some keyboard tuner across the country, tweaking it the way he thinks, not the way I want my vehicle to run. And half the time he gets all crappy if i did t like this or that and i want it to do this. Hell i paid for custom tuning and thats what i want.

And when i asked for my 93 tune to be tweaked for 89oct. I was told the original 89 i was given is good enough.

Good thing i only paid $20 for tuning.

DesertWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going to do HP tuners with my dyno. It ended up with just a dyno and no shop. And no tuning. Jay does a good job. Sucks that the Diablo is kinda limited.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
if i had to do it all over again I would go HP. Diablo is,in my opinion, not so great. The user basically can only tune WOT fuel and timing. I dont floor it from every stop. I want to be able to tune part throttle,light loads. Thats where i spend most of my time.

I want to be in control of my tune, instead of some keyboard tuner across the country, tweaking it the way he thinks, not the way I want my vehicle to run. And half the time he gets all crappy if i did t like this or that and i want it to do this. Hell i paid for custom tuning and thats what i want.

And when i asked for my 93 tune to be tweaked for 89oct. I was told the original 89 i was given is good enough.

you get what you pay for.

tuned by Jay Greene

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci

All those parameters can be adjusted, you just need to own the CMR software for the low low price of $1200 plus the cost of the programmer. Diablo is still a great programming system and it's been the staple in the hemi community from day one when nobody else would touch it so after 12 years of nothing else the new competitor had better be able to step it up a notch which is what HPT did while still keeping it affordable but the down side of HPT is it's a lot less user friendly and not everybody wants to take a laptop to their truck every time they want to make a change, the handhelds from DS are a big selling feature for simplicity's sake.

Keep in mind, a remote tune is only as good as the feedback the tuner gets so the more specific you can get regarding issues with the tune the better off you'll be with the next revision. If you're not set up to give as much data as possible then the tuner has to work on the 'best guess' and what's worked on other vehicles principles. Also, if you're just running the basic bolt-ons on a daily driver then it's very rare for a tune to need more than 5-6 revisions unless you're going for every 100th at the strip and you're tweaking for different air and track conditions. Expectations also have to be real when it comes to performance, with any tuner. They also won't intentionally adjust something that can cause an issue which is why some tuners will tell you they won't do something, they have a reputation to consider. When I tell my tuners I want the truck to run on the edge and any failure is on me that gives them a lot more leeway and why I will run AFRs in the 12s on 17psi.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Not sure, who you are dealing with, but I have had a great experience with Jay Greene. He is second to none when it comes to customer support and service. He listens to you when tuning your vehicle.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the info, good to know there are some HP Tuner options out there, especially for guys like me that can't ever leave anything alone, even the wife's suburban!