Hypertech Interceptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GETARAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
anyone have one of these? is it worth the 359 bucks it seems everyone wants for it?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
people perfer bully dog because the canned tunes are running strong...and diablo for the custom tunes.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are sticking to simple mods like a cat back and an CAI, a hypertech might be a decent unit / tune for you. If you ever plan on going more radical, spend the extra on a Diablo.

Does Hypertech list anything for 2011+?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would save your money and put it towards the Bullydog or Diablo. Diablo is claiming to be very close, but they have not released the actual date yet. Bullydog just about has all the kinks worked out of their 2013 tune as well, so that is another good option.

I have had more than 20 customers already with 2011-12's that bought the Hypertech Interceptor from somewhere else, and then called us to replace it with Bullydog or Diablo tuners.

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hypertech Interceptors are good for those that do not wish to flash their ECU, other than that as stated above it is Bully Dog or Diablo Sport all the way, Bully Dog has most of the bugs worked out with their latest flash and I have personally spoken with over 35 customers now that have purchased the Bully Dog Hemi Plus and used the newest flash and are reporting very good results with no CEL's. Diablo Sport has yet to release a date yet but it should be coming around pretty soon.

If you are looking for the best pricing on any of these 3 items be sure to hit us up, Lowest price Guaranteed on Hypertech, Bully Dog, and Diablo Sport.

Thanks
Bully's Performance

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the main differences between bully and diablo?

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bullydog can only utilize canned tunes from Bullydog, the Diablosport can have custom tunes written for it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The Diablo tuners are custom tunable whereas the Bullydog tuners are not. This means that when you get the Bullydog tuner, you will have a few tunes to choose from that can not be modified if you were to add more supporting mods down the road. With Diablo, you can have Hemifever write a custom tune for you that will allow you to get the most out of every upgrade. If you add an intake, throttle body, and free flowing exhaust, then your tune would be different than someone with a completely stock truck. Having the ability to custom tune will allow you to pull every last HP out of your motor.

Aside from that, the Diablo Trinity is a universal tuner, so it works on just about all makes and models...ford, chevy, gmc, dodge, jeep, etc...The bullydog only works on newer Dodge gas vehicles.

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Diablo tuners are custom tunable whereas the Bullydog tuners are not. This means that when you get the Bullydog tuner, you will have a few tunes to choose from that can not be modified if you were to add more supporting mods down the road. With Diablo, you can have Hemifever write a custom tune for you that will allow you to get the most out of every upgrade. If you add an intake, throttle body, and free flowing exhaust, then your tune would be different than someone with a completely stock truck. Having the ability to custom tune will allow you to pull every last HP out of your motor.

Aside from that, the Diablo Trinity is a universal tuner, so it works on just about all makes and models...ford, chevy, gmc, dodge, jeep, etc...The bullydog only works on newer Dodge gas vehicles.

I will never race. Nearly all my driving is city stop & go. I want the best MPG i can get and i know that a tuner will accomplish that along with driving smart.

With all that said, which tuner should i choose? Safe to assume the diablo costs more? How much does it cost to have Hemifever write a custom tune?

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I beleive the DS is a little more but if you buy it directly from Hemifever you get a free custom tune worth $125 so it evens out, and you have a tune written specifically for YOUR truck, not just a RAM 1500.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The Diablo is always going to make more power and get the best mileage with a custom tune. The Trinity is $599 and comes with a free Hemifever tune, or the Intune DCX is $449 + $40 for a Hemifever custom tune.

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Or you can buy a trinity t1000 from Bully's Performance and get a free satin catch can and Custom WL engine tune (transmission tune not included) for $599 :)

Trinity t1000=best tuner on the market
Catch can= nice dress up mod and alot less contaminants in your fuel/throttle body/intake manifold
WL Custom Engine tune= More power/better fuel economy, and very low to 0 ST Knock Retard and LT knock retard :)

Now thats a steal!

Thanks
Jeremiah

Last edited:

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This may be a good thread to ask a questions about the 2013's and the Hypertech. I was at the local dealer on Thursday last week BS'ing with one of the body shop managers. He recently upgraded to a 13' 1500 Laramie. I was selling him on the VR Air Grabber when he mentioned intakes and prgrammers etc. We got to talking about warranties and he said he was going with a Hypertech program "because Hypertech is already in the brain of the truck". I asked if he meant it came with a programmer and he said no, this was actually an inline adapter of some sort.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Or you can buy a trinity t1000 from Bully's Performance and get a free satin catch can and Custom WL engine tune (transmission tune not included) for $599 :)

Trinity t1000=best tuner on the market
Catch can= nice dress up mod and alot less contaminants in your fuel/throttle body/intake manifold
WL Custom Engine tune= More power/better fuel economy, and very low to 0 ST Knock Retard and LT knock retard :)

Now thats a steal!

Thanks
Jeremiah

Wish I had known about this when I got my Bullydog, not that I dont love it but I surely would have dropped the extra coin for a catch can and custom tune at that price. :throw:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The Hypertech plugs into your engine wiring harness and tricks the computer instead of actually rewriting the tune for better performance. I would stay far away from the Interceptor. I am very adamant about not selling a part that I would not run on my own truck, so that is why we don't even list the Interceptor on the website.

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This may be a good thread to ask a questions about the 2013's and the Hypertech. I was at the local dealer on Thursday last week BS'ing with one of the body shop managers. He recently upgraded to a 13' 1500 Laramie. I was selling him on the VR Air Grabber when he mentioned intakes and prgrammers etc. We got to talking about warranties and he said he was going with a Hypertech program "because Hypertech is already in the brain of the truck". I asked if he meant it came with a programmer and he said no, this was actually an inline adapter of some sort.

Does this make sense to anyone?

just kicked this promo off a couple days ago, and honestly we had no idea we were going to run this promo until this past Friday.

Thanks
Jeremiah