I now have a Hemi that sounds like a Hemi should

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to do this so bad, but I don't want to blow money on something that doesn't sound right. I want something that has a small rumble at idle...but kicks ass when I stomp on it...I could u tube it all day, but I would rather hear it in person.

I have the universal Magnaflow 22" #12588 installed on my '14 CCSB sport. It isn't quite loud enough for me, even at WOT. I had a friend rip around a parking lot while I stood by to listen to what it sounds like from outside the cab, and I was really let down. It barks and grumbles a bit at start up when all that still air gets ejected but calms right down at idle. I have my windows open and stereo turned right off so I can listen to my engine, even now that it's cooling down. It does sound beefier than the stock sport setup, but next to a friends F-150 with super 40's it sounds stock. I might be tempted to go to a 14" mufflex but kick myself for buying this universal and having all the shop work done to it. It ended up costing me $100CAD for the muffler, and $200CAD for the labour/extra stainless it took to get it in. Oh!, and the $45 in clamps.

Live and learn.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just not deep enough:favorites13:

Not understanding this...usually the bigger the muffler the deeper it can be...smaller makes it louder, not deeper...

I have the MF catback system and have thought of changing to the 18"...I can't foresee doing the 14" due to drone. Even with the current setup I can hear MDS and while its tolerable, I know the smaller the muffler the more MDS is amplified. I can't imagine doing 20-35 in a neighborhood or something with 14" MF and MDS....

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had the 22" Mag on my 2011. Nice note with very little drone. Good for towing, long trips and when the kids are in the truck. I must be getting old as the days of strapping on Flowmasters are done for me. Stock on my 2015 actually sounds really good.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not understanding this...usually the bigger the muffler the deeper it can be...smaller makes it louder, not deeper...

I have the MF catback system and have thought of changing to the 18"...I can't foresee doing the 14" due to drone. Even with the current setup I can hear MDS and while its tolerable, I know the smaller the muffler the more MDS is amplified. I can't imagine doing 20-35 in a neighborhood or something with 14" MF and MDS....

simple solution is DiabloSport and **** turn off MDS:favorites13:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh wow, sorry to hear that and now I fully understand why he said naaaa lol.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree, $600 and one and done I can see, but unless it's balls to the wall good I just can't see that coin. :)

swh822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did the mufflex muffler delete and I love it...my neighbors on the other hand probably don't like it to much. .

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the Magnaflow 14 (Part No. 12198) welded on a few days ago and man oh man do I love it!!! Cost me $188 total and it is a HUGE improvement over stock.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
love my 14" Maggy

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Boeschbuilt 18 and yes it sucks when the MDS comes on but you don't need a tuner to fix that problem. When cruising through town I just turn off the Over Drive and when when going 55mph+ you can manually down shift to 5th, then back to 6th and it will turn off the MDS. I have no experience with the 8 speed trans.

And IMO the 18 is the perfect deep tone at idle and sounds great when I get on it. Definitely not too loud but loud enough.