Ifishwhenican

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ifishwhenican

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7Hemi
I just traded my 2006 ram1500 for a 2014 ram 1500 sport with 5.7 Hemi. My question is when I leave my house I have a long downhill driveway. The driveway is shaped with a couple of curves so I have always coasted to the bottom. This truck want shift out of low gear until I get to bottom of driveway. The RPMs just keep climbing. Any of my passed vehicles into second gear. This is my first experience with an eight speed tranny. Any thoughts thanks

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is working as designed. It will hold gears going downhill to use engine braking to maintain speed instead of the brakes.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
It is working as designed. It will hold gears going downhill to use engine braking to maintain speed instead of the brakes.

+1. Its how they're designed. Our trucks are a little more "aggressive" about it than the other Hemi/8-speed vehicles, such as my wife's Grand Cherokee. You'll get used to it. :happy107: