Intermittent Starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maximus007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Crew Cab
Engine
Big Horn
Started 2 weeks ago went to start truck with remote start and nothing so I hopped in a tried with key and nothing. Battery is a month old so I know that's good. So I let it sit for the night and the next morning went to start with remote start and it started right up no problem. Didn't happen again till yesterday when I got out of work went to start with key and nothing. So I just sat their for 15-20mins and tried again and it started right up. Anyone have any idea what this might be? Thanks

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
Is it an aftermarket remote start? I had that on my truck before the PCM got fried and the dealership replaced my PCM and removed the remote start. When pressed Incorrectly it would lock up my truck and when I would get it to turn on it would pop engine codes.

OP
OP
M

maximus007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Crew Cab
Engine
Big Horn
Yes it is. But i don't have any codes, from what im reading im thinking it might be wireless ignition node. Does anyone know the part # by chance?

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
Our rams for some reason don't like aftermarket systems.