Issue with AC after repair work on cylinder head?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have to touch the A/C system at all to replace the head in the 5.7 hemi? Got my truck back from the dealer after a head replacement, exhaust manifolds repair and steering rack but now my AC doesn't work and one had light goes on and off.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No mechanical guys out there that know if a dealer has to touch or remove the AC compressor to remove the cylinder head?

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, AC has to come off to put heads on the truck.

If it's not working, they most likely forgot to recharge it. It happens to the best of us. You evacuate the AC system, and start on a big job like cyl heads, that can stretch into days waiting on parts, and when you get it back together you forget to recharge the AC.

I would take it back immediately and tell them that it's not working.

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, AC has to come off to put heads on the truck.

If it's not working, they most likely forgot to recharge it. It happens to the best of us. You evacuate the AC system, and start on a big job like cyl heads, that can stretch into days waiting on parts, and when you get it back together you forget to recharge the AC.

I would take it back immediately and tell them that it's not working.
That's exactly what I was thinking happened as well. They had the truck for several days over the weekend. Thanks for jumping in. Only reason I asked if this dealer has been less than upfront and honest, I just didn't want them trying to tell me they didn't touch the AC at all.

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oops, missed the reply, sorry!:sleepy10: