Jay Greene Racing Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to get off work tonight, Jay is creating a race tune for me as we speak. I will post my thoughts on it tomorrow. I have heard he does great work on trucks with true duals and x pipes. I researched his page, he and his dad have been racing cars competitively for years so I trust the extensive back ground that he has in the performance world. Wish me luck:happy107:

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Running his 91 tune but still need to load his 93. Can't wait to get Long Tubes and see what I can get of it.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
what's the difference between his race tune and his 93 tune ?

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Race tunes are not meant for the street no matter who they are from

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Care to elaborate??? Just curious, been thinking about a switch to a green tune. I wouldn't mind having options, but also don't want to do any damage. What kind of parameters make it unstreetable?? Currently running hemifever headers tune. Not trying to compare, or make a thread about that. Just stating what I have now.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Care to elaborate??? Just curious, been thinking about a switch to a green tune. I wouldn't mind having options, but also don't want to do any damage. What kind of parameters make it unstreetable?? Currently running hemifever headers tune. Not trying to compare, or make a thread about that. Just stating what I have now.

Track tunes are meant for the track. You make a pass then cool down then make a pass. You can run a traction control delete tune on the street.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Unless you are referring to a race fuel "tune" then I wouldn't drive it on the street because of how expensive it is.But there is no real tune that is illegal or not meant for the street. I can see a "race tune" having issues maybe passing emissions lol.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Track tunes are meant for the track. You make a pass then cool down then make a pass. You can run a traction control delete tune on the street.

Roger that, gonna give him a shout. Thanks

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Unless you are referring to a race fuel "tune" then I wouldn't drive it on the street because of how expensive it is.But there is no real tune that is illegal or not meant for the street. I can see a "race tune" having issues maybe passing emissions lol.

I dont mean illegal. I just mean certain parameter and settings are changed that wouldnt be good for extended use. Sure you could run it for street racingbut not daily driving.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I dont mean illegal. I just mean certain parameter and settings are changed that wouldnt be good for extended use. Sure you could run it for street racingbut not daily driving.

Hey raise the timing a good bit and lean it out?

OP
OP
Ramrt1

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry if I caused confusion guys. I told Jay I wanted a race/drag tune meaning very aggressive. The same thing I told Sean when he built my tune. I wanted something
street ready, but yet I could be aggressive at the track when I go. The R/T stands for road and track so that's why I wanted such an aggressive tune. I have always ran 93 octane fuel and either lucas, royal purple octane boosters. When I go to the track I use the Nos with racing fuel in it so my octane levels should be fine for advancing the timing. I received the tune today but don't have a lot of info to tell yet. He completed it while I was at work. I checked my email and saw that he sent it so I went home on my 30 minute lunch break and installed it. Pressed for time I headed back to work and wanted to at least get a taste of the tune. It rained most of the day so I had to chose a spot on the way to hit the passing gear. The truck pulled hard and long, shifts must be set around 6200-6400rpms because I never hit redline. When it did shift the rpms stayed pretty high, not dropping and having to build all the way back up. Going to play a little bit when I get off work tonight, I have a 15 mile stretch of highway to the south, or 12 mile stretch to the north. I will find out what my truck is capable of.

OP
OP
Ramrt1

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a chance to run my truck some last night after work. I am very impressed with the tune, the shifts are smooth and responsive, and pulls hard throughout the power band.
Throttle response is on point, crisp. Mid and top end has been improved dramatically and low end torque is strong. Stumping the gas from a dead stop is not a good thing, will just sit and roast the tires. I ease into the throttle and get the tires moving and then all hell breaks out. The passing gear pulls hard and continues to pull just before redline. Both tunes are very good, Sean gave me my first taste of custom tuning and it was a rush. Jay's tune is setup a little different, according to what I asked for, I'm grateful to both of them, and will continue to use them as thing change in the custom tune market. Great job guys.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Such as...?

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a chance to run my truck some last night after work. I am very impressed with the tune, the shifts are smooth and responsive, and pulls hard throughout the power band.
Throttle response is on point, crisp. Mid and top end has been improved dramatically and low end torque is strong. Stumping the gas from a dead stop is not a good thing, will just sit and roast the tires. I ease into the throttle and get the tires moving and then all hell breaks out. The passing gear pulls hard and continues to pull just before redline. Both tunes are very good, Sean gave me my first taste of custom tuning and it was a rush. Jay's tune is setup a little different, according to what I asked for, I'm grateful to both of them, and will continue to use them as thing change in the custom tune market. Great job guys.

Nice!! Glad to hear it's running strong.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Same things as sean. If you wanna daily a track tune go ahead. I doubt you will damage anything but you wont have cruise control. I know with sean my street tune sucked compared to the track tune.

I was looking for specific parameters.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Such as...?

Same things as sean. If you wanna daily a track tune go ahead. I doubt you will damage anything but you wont have cruise control. I know with sean my street tune sucked compared to the track tune.

I was sorta wondering too but understand that's not a question I would get a answer too. And it's not a big deal. I completely understand why.