Jba 1 3/4 installed. Having issue with cel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had these installed and evidently the o2 sensors for the rear were not long enough. What are my options at this point? They are throwing a cel even with a tune

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the Stainless Works headers come with extensions for the sensors. Could always just extend them yourself. Cut wires in a spot that you could crimp a connector in, and extend them to how long you need. Had done that to my 2013 and they worked fine.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I know the Stainless Works headers come with extensions for the sensors. Could always just extend them yourself. Cut wires in a spot that you could crimp a connector in, and extend them to how long you need. Had done that to my 2013 and they worked fine.

Yout got SW headers?

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I do, yes. The performance setup with the 1¾" primaries.

I'm getting headers next week and I think I've settled on SW . How was the install? Any problems or things to be aware of? Performance?
Sorry OP, not to thread jack your question, just get some extension and you should be good to go.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Install was a pita... Lol! Just have a lot of patience getting those nuts off the manifolds and back on the headers. Then twisting and turning them to get them out and in. From start to finish, it took me the first time roughly 16 hours by myself. The 2nd time me and 3 buddies swapped the full stock exhaust from my 2015 I just bought to my 2013 I just traded in with the full Stainless Works setup I head on the 2013 in about 10 hours.

As for performance and sound, I love it! Has a really good performance sound to it. I only wish I would have gone with the louder mufflers.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Install was a pita... Lol! Just have a lot of patience getting those nuts off the manifolds and back on the headers. Then twisting and turning them to get them out and in. From start to finish, it took me the first time roughly 16 hours by myself. The 2nd time me and 3 buddies swapped the full stock exhaust from my 2015 I just bought to my 2013 I just traded in with the full Stainless Works setup I head on the 2013 in about 10 hours.

As for performance and sound, I love it! Has a really good performance sound to it. I only wish I would have gone with the louder mufflers.

16 hours!!!! .... Gezzzzzzzzz LOL.. I rather know going in, I'll be doing mine by myself also and on my back in my driveway. If you can think of any tips please share.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gonna contact jba in morning to see why the extensions are not provided. This sucks. My trucks just sitting their parked lol

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Gonna contact jba in morning to see why the extensions are not provided. This sucks. My trucks just sitting their parked lol

Hopefully they can get you a set shipping out tomorrow, maybe ask them to overnight them. Keep us posted. I'm interested in the performance too, after you get things worked out give us some feedback.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully they can get you a set shipping out tomorrow, maybe ask them to overnight them. Keep us posted. I'm interested in the performance too, after you get things worked out give us some feedback.

Will do man. I hope they send me some. Truck is LOUD! I'm Running the aggressive carven and its crazy. Neighbors are gonna be pissed

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need a custom tune, canned tunes dont delete O2 sensors.

It is a custom tune. Do I need the rear sensors if I have no cats ? The tune is custom but is wanting the rear sensors in line

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The JBA headers come with 2 o2 extensions. You at least need to have the rear o2 sensors plugged into the wiring harness, but it is best if you have them both plugged into the harness and into the Y-pipe. If you at least plug them into the harness, its 50/50 on whether the codes will stay away or not. If you plug them into both the harness and the Y-pipe, then it will not throw any codes. It is perfectly fine to drive your truck though as long as it is just the rear o2 sensor codes that it is throwing. It is normal to throw those codes anytime you remove the cats.

New o2 extensions are about $20 each, so its a cheap fix if you dont want to extend them yourself.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help Matt, plugging in the harness and strapping the sensors to the frame worked.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Thanks for the help Matt, plugging in the harness and strapping the sensors to the frame worked.

Good deal. If the code does come back for some reason in the future, just grab some extensions, plug those rear sensors into the y-pipe, and you are good to go.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good deal. If the code does come back for some reason in the future, just grab some extensions, plug those rear sensors into the y-pipe, and you are good to go.

I hope they don't but if so, do u know what length extensions I would need? I know one is really far away and didn't think of measuring

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I hope they don't but if so, do u know what length extensions I would need? I know one is really far away and didn't think of measuring

12" extensions are all you would need.

RawDog419

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could cut the wires, solder in a piece of wire then shrink wrap the connection. For added security you can apply liquid electric tape.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk