JBA & AFE Y-Pipe back from ceramic coating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
big13

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Love the sound and setup! Curious did you feel any gains from the JBAs shorty headers with stock y and stock muffler?

I put the Shortys and new y pipe on at the same time and I can tell you I got a big kick in the pants. the shortys give anywhere from 10-12 horse power and the y-pipes is bigger all around, 10 horse power from there. I rune an 89 octane tune.

The biggest restriction I think has to be stock y-pipe! I got instant power right from the get go. Knowing what I know now, I will not be buying a cat back muffler, ,
I don't think there are any power gaines, just a nice sound, I get that from my stock muffler!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9u2HOK870

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xr0LsxJ8TU

My y pipe is catted (hi-flo)

OP
OP
big13

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Whats the part number for the Y-pipe?

Looks good

48-42003 catted y pipe bolts to stock manifolds or jba shorties.

AFE does make headers but I had ordered my JBA shorties before finding out about AFE.

they also make a no cat y pipe.

www.afepower.com

OP
OP
big13

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you do just headers and Y pipe, do you need to do a tune also?

...UPDATE !!!

* YES YOU DO need a tune. I ended up throwing 3 codes, Hemifever fixed it for me.

** Stock muffler is a restriction, as of DEC 20th 2017 I have installed a Flo-Pro muffler.

Last edited:

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
If they had that with cats I'd be all over that. Who did the coating? Looks awesome.
I have ARH coated as well..:they make both options catless y pipe or y pipe with magna flow high flow cats...that what I am running into a magna flow catback 16869.