Jba problems!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickfontenot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Sport
Engine
5.7L
I am havering trouble setting the jbas to seal with the rest of the exhaust!! I can't seem to make a good seal with out it leaking by!! Any suggestions I'm getting very frustrated!!

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am havering trouble setting the jbas to seal with the rest of the exhaust!! I can't seem to make a good seal with out it leaking by!! Any suggestions I'm getting very frustrated!!

I'm assuming you are talking about mid pipe to header collector. Did you use the high temp RTV at the mid pipe flange? Passenger side was leaking for me toward wheel. I kept torqueing till I sealed it after letting RTV set up.

jay c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue, on mine the bolts that came with the kit had to short of a thread and would bottom out before the collectors were tight. Swapped them out with bolts with a full thread and no more leak.

Team Destrucktive

OP
OP
N

nickfontenot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Sport
Engine
5.7L
I also saw that the bolts didn't have enough thread. I tried the RTv trick and it worked, I hope that the RTV last and I for have to donut again

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a few cases where the welds leak at the flange due to cracks on the JBA headers
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385235089.844702.jpg