Jet 180 Tstat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered my Jet 180* Tstat from Moe's. With what few mods I have at the time I noticed my temp was running in the 200's but no more than 210*. No doubt a good investment to keep my hemi cool...lol. Playing around with the update from Bullydog. They have released an update for the '13 dodge ram (I could be just now finding out about the update though) adding shift point for 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Gonna check it out and see if maybe the tune itself got better.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Thanks Rob. Keep us posted on that Bullydog update.

OP
OP
Rob P

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do. Hopefully there's a little more to it than adding the shift points, but we will see. On the way home after work today I will find out:D

OP
OP
Rob P

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Info on the bullydog update. All it seems to be is just the added option for shift points between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd. Gives you the option to set what rpm you want the shift to happen at. Other than that didn't notice any difference. I did set the N rev limiter to 2800 rpm's but that didn't work. Found out the hard way and put my truck in neutral to check it and wound up twisting around 6,000 maybe a little more. After that happen it seemed the truck lost a bit of pull. Taking negative off of battery gonna let computer relearn my driving and see if that helps. Performance run this morning 0-60mph was 7.7 sec. Thats with everything set as normal daily driver, not manual shifting, traction control on and MDS on as well. Took off from red light at 3/4 throttle momentarily then WOT. Would like to have it run faster than 7.7 to 60. For a full size 4x4 quad cab I guess it's better than stock. Going to change tuner from regular tune to premium tune and see if there is any difference.

OP
OP
Rob P

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just another update for the Bullydog and all mods. Right now to date the only mods on my truck are the 87mm TB (thanks to Moe's) Catch Can (thanks to Moe's again) K&N drop in filter, and Bullydog Tuner. Haven't got my Tstat in just yet, should be today. Looking to add 24" mufflex and S&B CAI. At any rate, according to the bullydog performance test with it reprogrammed for premium tune and with me filling up with 87 non ethanol gasoline my 0-60 time went from 7.7 to a 7.2. Temp the same as day before @ 68*F at same red light, LOL. Seems like a bit much but it could have just been the way I launched this morning too. I had the Tow/Haul button pressed along with the TCS, I think the TCS was off anyways, got a little tire spin action. Any ways that what it was this morning. I am hoping when I add the exhaust and CAI along with the Tstat I see even more. Kinda hard to get 3.55's going on the low end. A TC maybe next, haven't decided as of yet.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
She's Gettin Better Congrats! The CAI and Muffler mods will cut even more time off for sure!

OP
OP
Rob P

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should think so. The stock muffler on this truck is unreal. I figure the more air cooler air I can get in and the more exhaust I can push out the better she will be

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A good intake paired with a muffler will really compliment the tuner well. This may be apples to oranges since you have a '13 but my '12 with muffler, catch can, vararam and bullydog premium tune went 0-60 in 7 seconds even with a very poor launch and hot humid conditions. I also noticed you said your truck will rev to 6000 in neutral. Your setting must have definitely got *****'d because the factory limit is somewhere between 3500-4000 iirc. I had to use my tuner to actually raise it to the upper 5000 range.

I definitely wish there was more pop down low too, the 3.55s are pain to get going and the truck has so much torque you cant load up for a launch or you will just spin. Best times will definitely be with tow/haul mode engaged and tsc off. Good luck and keep posting those times!

OP
OP
Rob P

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah not sure how I wound up revin to 6,000. Thought I would tryit out and see if tuner actually worked and driving down the road I slipped transmission to neutral and revved it up and when I looked down I could see the tach coming down from between 5,500 and 6,000. I don't know how that happen. Don't think I am gonna try that again though needless to say. :)

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My limit is set at 5800, I dont rev it much but every once in a while it is nice to just hear it rip in neutral.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
At any rate, according to the bullydog performance test with it reprogrammed for premium tune and with me filling up with 87 non ethanol gasoline my 0-60 time went from 7.7 to a 7.2.

Premium tune needs premium fuel, buddy. Get some 93 octane in your tank. It will definitely run even better with the proper gas

OP
OP
Rob P

Rob P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea it definately responds better it seems when I run 93 octane. Just thought I would see if there was any difference within the tune itself between the regular tune vs. premium tune