Just make it sound good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all,

Currently running Flowmaster 50 series without resonators. I've been thinking to get either a Carven Catback (Progressive or Competitor series? $299.99) or an MBRP catback (Part #S5146BLK, $858.52).

I'm not happy with what I have now, I'd prefer it a little louder, sportier and deeper. Not as throaty as the Flowmaster. If anyone has something that sounds like that let me know :happy107: Thanks for the input!

Best, Anton

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
After hearing the Carven muffler swap I'm tempted to go there. I have a Magnaflow 18" right now and it sounds good but not "truckly" enough, ya know?

Good luck with your choice.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm thinking the same as you... and their price makes it even more tempting. Do you have the muffler or catback? My Flowmaster 50 series is SO creamy when I hit the higher RPM's and that's what I dislike right now!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just have the muffler with a resonator delete.

I wanted to do a single in/dual out but my truck is equipped with the self-leveling air system in the back.

I can't run a pipe over that side of the rear axle as the system manifold and lines are there. So I have a single in/single out which terminates at the back right below the passenger rear fender.