Just ordered a catch can at 20% off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like it might be time to order mine as well then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lomey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
V6 3.6L
Forgive my newness, but what is a catch can and what does it do?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks!

If you use a catch can you can add anywhere from 10 to 20 horsepower to the hemi or 5 to 15 with the V6 depending on if you use braided line or not.

(sorry, I can't help myself)

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
^^ ??? ^^

It catches oil vapor out of the equalization tubing returning to you intake

I think they are a worthwhile investment

good deal on a Billet, I got an e-bay special ...... :favorites13:

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you use a catch can you can add anywhere from 10 to 20 horsepower to the hemi or 5 to 15 with the V6 depending on if you use braided line or not.

:) 10 to 20 at the Wheels!!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Exactly, but if you add the stickers you'll gain an extra 5-10hp, most people overlook that!

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Thanks!

Dude, they are just BSing you since you are new man...

Don't bother wasting money on something that does not better your performance or engine appearance at all. Catch cans are simply a pointless waste of money and time that offers no measurable gain to your engine...

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Don't bother wasting money on something that does not better your performance or engine appearance at all. Catch cans are simply a pointless waste of money and time that offers no measurable gain to your engine...
Actually ^^^ is the Bull Squat.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

^^^ Nope!

But with a catch can you might add a couple of years of trouble free operation...particularly if you intend to keep it past warranty.

Wont touch your HP, although may let Hemi operate at full capability by not puling timing from oil getting into combustion chamber and causing irregular detonation.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Catch cans are pointless, changing your oil at proper intervals keeps things plenty clean and working optimally. If catch cans really extended the life of an engine in any significant way, then they would come from the factory with some similar device installed.

For me at least, if an engine mod doesn't add any kind of power, it isn't worth doing; therefore catch cans are useless...

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Congrats FC! :happy107: Great Deal!

Now with ExpressRules knowledge shared: If you add a CAI you will probably have gained almost 95.6 HP & 43.8 ft lbs of Torque @ the rear wheels! :favorites13:

Congrats again! Preventive Maintenance at its finest.

Can you imagine the average owner attempting or trying to find or empty a catch can that come factory installed.
Hell --->half the owners in the world can't even change their own oil or put air in their tires.
This would be a total disaster of an idea.

Last edited:

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Catch cans are pointless, changing your oil at proper intervals keeps things plenty clean and working optimally. If catch cans really extended the life of an engine in any significant way, then they would come from the factory with some similar device installed.

For me at least, if an engine mod doesn't add any kind of power, it isn't worth doing; therefore catch cans are useless...
Mine change oil every 3000miles but still I got this from my CC
wO7m8PA.jpg

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I hear there is a sale on blinker fluid as well...

CryIfnI.png

...people who think catch cans are worth buying should also go catch that sale too... :rotflmao:

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I hear there is a sale on blinker fluid as well...

url

...people who think catch cans are worth buying should also go catch that sale as well... :rotflmao:

It may not add power or come from the factory. It does help prevent some of the gunk that would build up in The intake. The manufacturer designed the engine around maintenance free until the warranty expires so you will bring it back later for repairs. Yes you can justify it doesn't help but if you take the intake and heads off a 150,000 mile motor with and without catch cans I'm sure there would be a significant difference in the motor. I have a 97 ram with the 5.2 magnum and I did a plenum repair and cleaned the intake manifold with solvent and a brush to remove all the deposits as well as run seafoam through the engine after seeing how bad the intake valves looked. After cleaning the components the truck ran better and smoother. Almost like it was brand new. If I can buy something that helps to maintain that new feeling longer then in my opinion it is completely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are catch cans so expensive? Seems like a part that shouldn't cost more than 40 bucks