K&N drop in filter for stock air box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The next time you take your K&N out run your finger around the inside of the intake tube and then come back and tell us they're a good deal.

I read a thread on another forum where an engine builder was a sponsor.He thanked people for running K&N's.He stated that these filters brought him lots of business.

I think what a lot of people don't realize is that the factory filter is way bigger than it needs to be in most cases,so they will flow all the air you'll ever need if they're in good shape.

I dont believe it, they wouldn't be sold, and would void warranties if that happened. My friend works construction and i pulled his filter out and it was filthy. Then i did a white glove test on his accordion tube, clean... I think its peoples over or under oiling them which causes issues

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually there is a benifit to a drop in....When a paper filter is new it flows its best but that also lets more dirt in..when it starts to get dirty the fibres clog and flow slows down messing with air/fuel ratio and maybe a lil mpg..A paper filter is a one deminisional way of filtering..
Now comes the multi deminisional type filter such as k&n which is a multi deminisional filter..When the front of the filter we will call it fills up you still have other sides(sorta speak)to keep the flow going..Think of it like a triangle,front clogs and you still have two sides flowing...Performance gain,i doubt anything a dyno would pick up...MPG well its possible but to hard to measure..

Last edited: