K&N Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankiep16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, new to Forum, picking up my second RAM tonight, first Brand New...2013 Big Horn Quad Cab. I have a K&N Intake from a 2010 Big Horn. Does anyone know if this would fit the New Truck? Thanks!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, new to Forum, picking up my second RAM tonight, first Brand New...2013 Big Horn Quad Cab. I have a K&N Intake from a 2010 Big Horn. Does anyone know if this would fit the New Truck? Thanks!

This has not been tested and no one has tried to test it out.
We do know that the following do work
- S&B
- Vararam
- aFe
- Airaid

Can I ask if you can try it and see if it will work?
Essentially there was not a lot of changes under the hood.
But those small minor changes may affect it.

I will reach out to my rep for K&N once again.
last time I spoke to him he said that he has not had a 2013 in their bay to try and test it out.
So info is limited.
I do know of a few members who would like to run the K&N (from simply using them in the past)

Given the Airraid (mentioned above) was for a '12. One of our customers insisted on it (for the same reason as the K&N) and it worked like a charm and nothing interfered.
Cant say the same for the K&N

But Im with Chewy.....it should....technically

OP
OP
F

frankiep16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I pick up truck tonight and will test out this weekend and report back! Thanks

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
Congrats , enjoy your knew truck ...

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Frankie,
What series k&n do you have?
71 and 77 series are confirmed to work on the 13
63 series is the one I was referring to and not confirmed yet

If you have the 63 series, you'll be able to confirm this for all

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Unfortunately, it will not fit. The air box will hit the AC lines. You may be able to stretch and pull to get it in place, but the one we test fit was not even close.

OP
OP
F

frankiep16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys...does not look like it do to ac lines, but will inform when i try. How do u upload a oick, just picked up n will show off

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately, it will not fit. The air box will hit the AC lines. You may be able to stretch and pull to get it in place, but the one we test fit was not even close.

I got mine to fit but honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I would not have done it. Around the time I knew it wouldn't, I was well past the point of no return. Let's just say it took some garage fabrication with a drill and some glue to make it work. I will post pics tomorrow.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys...does not look like it do to ac lines, but will inform when i try. How do u upload a oick, just picked up n will show off

This was exactly my thinking as well....but thanks in advance for the attempt and keep us posted.

I got mine to fit but honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I would not have done it. Around the time I knew it wouldn't, I was well past the point of no return. Let's just say it took some garage fabrication with a drill and some glue to make it work. I will post pics tomorrow.

Many things can work if you fabricate things and amazing you got it to work and yes, pls do share some pics.

OP
OP
F

frankiep16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys. No go on fitment unless fabricating...gonna try and sell and buy new one if anyone knows anyone...on only 9 months old

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys. No go on fitment unless fabricating...gonna try and sell and buy new one if anyone knows anyone...on only 9 months old

Thanks for testing it out and confirming the fitment or lack there of :happy160:
Post it in the FS section and Im sure someone will snatch it up