K&N intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How often do you guys clean and re-oil your filters? I try to do it on the same schedule of my oil change. I cleaned mine yesterday and my mpg went up 1 which I was kinda surprised by. I thought maybe .2 or .3 but not a whole mile.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I clean mine every few months.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once or twice a year for me. Usually right after fall for sure.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
It doesn't need to be done nearly as much as regular paper filters.
K&N only recommend every 100,000mi. for cone filters but I don't let mine go nearly that long. Of course it all depends on what your driving conditions are like.
Mine is a CAI Cone Filter. I have also done a mod to the box like Viking on here posted. Hole in the bottom of the box with a 3" tube running to the grille. Most of my miles is regular driving. I usually blow it out with compressed air (not too much pressure) every time I change oil which is only 2-3 times a year for my miles. Once a year I completely take it out to clean & re-oil it. Under regular driving conditions a guy could probably easily get by with only cleaning it every other year.
You will probably catch some flack on here for having a K&N. I have been using their products for over 15 years without any issues so either I am very lucky (pretty sure I am not) or their product is not nearly as bad as they say they are.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used K&N AirFilters for 30 years I would guess and never have had a problem with them. I even use them on all of my motorcycles with no problems as of yet. It all boils down to what you like. K&N has been around a lot longer than most of your copycat filters. In my opinion they are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk