Let's here your stories!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I'm on the way home from work which involves a nice long trip on the highway. Before I get to the highway, it's a ten minute trip on a four lane State Route that consists of a Forty Five mile an hour speed limit. Five minutes into my trip home I'm sitting at a light staring off into space totally oblivious to whats going on around me due to the WONDERFUL day I had at work. :025: As the light turns green, I notice a kid in a riced out Honda Civic. So at this point I start waiting for this kid to take off like a bat out of hell to try and teach me a few things about the Foreign Four bangers. Now I know what you all are thinking. Yea yea, the typical ricer story. Heck, I thought it would be the typical story as well, but as we were staying neck and neck still climbing to the posted speed limit I'm thinking to myself "wow, he's not going for it". So as I'm starting to settle in for the rest of the ride home, I glance over at this kid one last time and notice him freaking out looking in his rear view. As soon as my curiosity kicks in as to whats going on behind him, he takes off. We all know how these foreign jobs sound with these fart cans on them. But holly crap! This thing sounded like it had something! I'm thinking "ok, this dudes got something custom under the hood that I've never heard before. As he starts getting ahead of me, I notice there's another car right on his bumper. It's a Mid Two Thousands Mustang. It was the mustang I was hearing over the civic. This car was pretty much attached to this poor kids bumper. After getting past me finally the poor kid moves over to let the mustang go by. The mustang tromps on it. Admittedly this thing sounded good. Funny enough, not long after he gets on it, we catch the last light before freeway. I'm in the slow lane behind the Civic, and the Mustangs in the fast lane. I can hear this guy yelling something out the window to the kid in the civic so I put my window down. " Get that f'n piece of sh*t out my lane". I'm wondering what this guys deal was. I couldn't make out what the kid said back to him, but they ended up yelling back and forth through the whole light. By now, I've had enough of the guys mouth. I'm thinking its time to shut him up. The light turns green and the guy in the mustang flips the kid the finger and takes off like a bat out of hell. I hit the signal and move into the fast lane. As I'm passing the civic on my right I glance over at this kid who's still shaking his head. He looks at me and shrugs his shoulders and throws his hands up in the air. I smiled and waved as I pulled ahead of him and moved into his lane in front of him. As we rolled up onto the freeway, I came up on the mustang who was doing the speed limit at this point. Being in the Army, I can't stand wanna be tough guys, and I feel a responsibility to protect the weak when they can't protect themselves. I roll up on his back bumper just like he did the civic. This goes on for about half to three quarters of a mile. Finally after making it obvious in his rearview mirror that he sees me, he had the balls to put his window down and wave at me. As he was waving the mustang down shifted and he was off. As soon as I heard him punch it, I hit it. The moment I hit it i switched lanes and thankfully so. That mustang didn't have **** on the old Hemi gentleman! The truck pretty much JUMPED up next to him. I glance over to see this maybe mid Fifties man. He had a look on his face like he couldn't believe how easily I was keeping up with his car. I had no doubt that he was beating the **** out of this sorry excuse for a sports car when my luxurious truck was somewhat toying with him. I stayed next to him without trying for maybe another mile or so. Needless to say we're pushing a pretty descent speed. He finally looks over at me. Just to avenge to kid......... Ok ok........ And make myself feel better, I wave at him just as he did me, and as I press my gas peddle down the rest of the way and pull out of his view, give him the finger. He ended up backing off shortly after as did I and I have to tell you, I can't believe the ass that these trucks have. :king:
That was the first real test I had given this truck and I couldn't be happier. And I took a mustang down while I was at it. :gr_grin:
Made my week! God I love this truck!
Let's hear yours guys!!!!

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Beating even a V6 mustang would be a pretty good accomplishment. Congrats.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holy crap that was a book. lol. But good job teaching that old douche a lesson

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the story. That right there was pure Shades of Grey for men.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
People keep saying that our trucks shouldn't be beating cars.... My truck has smashed several cars, from ricers to iroc z's and everything in between.
I love my big brick on wheels, and stop light or highways pull up and it's on. My Hemi will hurt their feelings.
It's nice to see others doing the same.

OP
OP
Inside Man

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No doubt. I almost thought that due to the weight of the truck, especially the Crew Cab, the Hemi would be a must. Turns out it's more than enough! I have a younger kid at work who's daddy bought him a Chevy 2500. The kid thinks he's MR. Freakin Auto and knows everything about everything. Should have bought a Chevy he tells me twelve time a day. I could tell him I had to use the bathroom and he'd find someway to throw the Chevy comment in there. I took him for a ride at the end of the day. Needless to say, I shouldn't be hearing his mouth any more. :owned:

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took a Lancer (no Evo) down on the highway one time. Stopped his pull and then I began slowly pulling away. Felt good cause I thought being so much lighter than my truck. It was going to jump ahead on me but nope. It never got ahead.

And this passed weekend I destroyed a young kid in a Ford F150 that kept trying to race me lol. I'm talking I put some bus lengths on him by 90mph from a stop lol.

Last edited:

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Not in my truck but my friends ZL1 Camaro. He's got some work done to it, throwing down about 600hp to the wheels, so a respectable car. Cruising down the road about to get on the highway when a Evo9 pulls up next to us at a light. All riced out. 2 turning lanes to get on the highway. My buddy says watch this. Starts revving it and motions to run. Dude in the Evo just shakes his head and was like OK. As we both turn on the high, I'd say from a 45mph rolling start, both cars punch it. Damn Evo pulled on us the entire time. My buddy is rowing through gears till we hit about 140mph. Evo was still pulling and by that time was about 4 lengths in front of us. Tickle me impressed! My buddy was like damn, I need nitrous. lol Never underestimate those little turbo 4's. Done right they throw down some serious power.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've cleaned up and been cleaned up , if you've never lost you ain't raceing the right people. I just think it's cool to drop a gear and gun it for the fun of it every now and then. Cool story's people!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's an "******* lane" (lane ends just on the other side on an intersection) a block from my house. I will NEVER use it unless there is a tractor or dump truck alone in the left; I just don't need to get home 1 car length ahead of nyone else, ya know?
I RARELY get anyone venture into the right lane beside the truck; seems they all know already.

On another note, I'm damn near writing a book about the F350 kills I have with my near stock '01 Sentra 2.0 HAHAHAHAHAHA (really):guile-1:

OilCityOperator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Really lol? I had a 6.0 f350 stock other than pipes. besides being a pos, that thing had some jam.

Edit....when it started LOL

Last edited:

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I was a ricer once... I had a 99 Civic that I bought new and started pumping money into it. About $8,500 all motor I had a little rocket with no weight. I embarassed plenty of V8's and even ran nose to nose with a couple of vettes running hard.

My best story was the day I was at a light and I heard an engine rev next to me. I looked over and saw this F-350 dually with an airboat attatched on a trailer. I thought to myself, is this guy kidding?? With a boat atttached?? The light turned green and I waited and sure enough he took off. I've never seen anything so big take off so fast in my life that wasn't on a race track. Now it looked like I was racing an airboat! That was the day I learned that a diesel can sound like a jet and move like one. I can't wait for the 2013 codes to be broken. :devilfinger:

OP
OP
Inside Man

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ha ah, yea there's some diesels around my town that lays down some pretty good rubber. Seems like I'm always getting messed with because I have OCD with keeping the truck clean. I can't tell you how many times I've been messed with from some pretty nice Chevy trucks. I have yet to run one due to not being on the right stretch of road (safety), but I've ran a couple of fords. :emotions34: poor guys. He he! I cam from an 05 XLT and this truck puts it to shame. Heck, I loved that truck till I drove my Dodge. Now when people see pics of my ford and say " was that yours ", I just tell them it was the wife's :emotions33:

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 08 ram before I got my 13 and had put a little money in it and had a guy in a lowered Chevy try to race me one day I pulled on him all the way till bout 120 then let out. When I pulled over he pulled in an got to talking he had a built trans, a cam, built rear end and a tune and still didn't have anything. Sometimes I regret getting rid of the 08 for my 4x4

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that's a big part of it. My company is at the end of a mile gravel road, I've got to drive threw 2 giant 6" deep puddles and I still keep my truck pretty damn clean. I think those other guys are just mad cause no matter how much they clean their hooptys they still don't look like our Hemi's.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No racing stories yet, but I did get some inappropriate and disturbingly graphic comments from the neighbor's wife yesterday about how my truck turns her on every time she hears me start it.
All I could say is "well... that's - not - awkward at all.. say hi to Rich for me..." :jawdrop:

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
No racing stories yet, but I did get some inappropriate and disturbingly graphic comments from the neighbor's wife yesterday about how my truck turns her on every time she hears me start it.
All I could say is "well... that's - not - awkward at all.. say hi to Rich for me..." :jawdrop:

OOOHHHH sounds like somebody wants a ride!:roflbow:

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Move....Quickly....and quitely....