Let's put this to rest..

Which one would you run

• Mobil 1 extended

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Penzoil platinum

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to run penzoil Pup but I don't want to track it down. So since I want to buy something local my best 2 options from what I read and been told is penzoil platinum or Mobil 1 extended. Either way I am going to run whichever one wins the poll. I am going to run a gallon on 5w-20 and 2qts of 5w-30. Out of these 2 brands of oil which do you think will serve me best overall? If you recommend one or the other and feel like leaving feedback as to why that will be great. This poll will decide for me either way. I will also be changing the oil every 4000 miles regardless with wix xp filters. I am also going to send it off to black stone and see what they think and post back here when it comes back. Thanks fellas.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I can't get my hands on pup up here, M1 5w30 will be my next oil when my current stock of pup run out.

No need for high quality synthetic if you change at 4000 miles... Regular Penzoil will be your best bet.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
used M1 since the late seventies. my 11 hemi didn't seem to like M1, sounded very loud, used PP for the next 50000 miles.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the subject of oils will never be put to rest.... I for one will never use either, I have my brand and preference that just like many. But really it all comes down to what are you comfortable with and makes you feel warm and fuzzy.... thats the one to use. I have had great success with the oil I use in various engine types from hot rod cars, race cars to agriculture and over the road equipment, so I tend to stick with that brand.

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the subject of oils will never be put to rest.... I for one will never use either, I have my brand and preference that just like many. But really it all comes down to what are you comfortable with and makes you feel warm and fuzzy.... thats the one to use. I have had great success with the oil I use in various engine types from hot rod cars, race cars to agriculture and over the road equipment, so I tend to stick with that brand.

What do you prefer

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can't start an oil poll with two oils. Especially THOSE two generic brands. Amsoil in everything that moves.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Pennzoil its factory fill and meets Chrysler's spec. I use to run Mobil 1 In my 06 when it was factory fill but it no longer meets Chrysler's new spec. So put of the 2 I picked Pennzoil, I'm out of warranty and don't care any more so I use Castrol synthetic. At the moment.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
LOL, Burla Abstain from this one.

But the vote is the high end mobil and the lower end penzoil synthetic.

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PUP all day. Not this one, yet, but it will be soon.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't find amsoil locally

Where are you located?

May I suggest Amazon and order the good stuff of your choice?
I just started ordering filters in bulk since the Charger and Ram use the same one and I have them on the same schedule now. I still get my oil locally though from a local dealer

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to Amsoil.com, get a preferred customer membership, buy oil and filter, change once a year, 15,000 miles 700 hours. Doubts? Refer to my 408 thread. Severe use with Dominator race oil with Wix and Amsoil filter (dual setup), and near zero wear after 7 brutal years of drag racing.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to Amsoil.com, get a preferred customer membership, buy oil and filter, change once a year, 15,000 miles 700 hours. Doubts? Refer to my 408 thread. Severe use with Dominator race oil with Wix and Amsoil filter (dual setup), and near zero wear after 7 brutal years of drag racing.
Ive had this debate with so many on "highend" oil that it last so much longer. I'd change my diesel oil at 20k and still would test at 50-70% life. But i also change my filter every 5k just for S&Gs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a lot of people that think I'm nuts doing it once a year. The trans in that car has 8-9 seasons on it with Amsoil. Probably a thousand runs being on the converter at 3500 rpm every launch. Hasn't slipped once.

Proof is in the puddin'.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Mobil 1 for sure. my friend has an Audi TT quarto. that little 4 banger with a turbo. quite known for engine failures. many of those guy swears that mobil 1 is the best for their engines and turbos some have even seen less failures. I was big into diesel oil in my gasser engines but these magnums have a hydraulic roller instead of a flat tappet cam. The diesel oil has more zinc in it for the flat tappet engines. mobil 1 makes a 50 weight oil that's great for these older magnums. since I live in FL I don't have to worry about it getting cold and being harder to start. I've used diesel oil in a little 3.0 ford too. but out of these two for a magnum engine hands down mobil 1. for a newer hemi penzoil because most penzoil products are in spec with what mopar requires. I've never touched penzoil before so I can't give any real factual advice on it.

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a lot of people that think I'm nuts doing it once a year. The trans in that car has 8-9 seasons on it with Amsoil. Probably a thousand runs being on the converter at 3500 rpm every launch. Hasn't slipped once.

Proof is in the puddin'.

Which amsoil the signature series or the x1?

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't really care about running my oil change to 10,000 miles. I will be changing at 4000 miles regardless. I want put 4000 miles on my truck a year as it's not a daily driver. So I may have to change every 6 months. I don't mind the expense of changing oil I just want a good oil that will keep the truck healthy and make it last for 10 years as I want to drive this one until the wheels fall off. The truck sounds smooth with no hemi tick yet and I want to keep it that way. This is all I'm looking for no matter what oil I run. Like I said I have never been a oil guru but I have never planned to keep a truck this long either so trying to prepare. The truck is also lifted with bigger tires and I know this is more strain on the motor over if it was all stock. So trying to run the best oil possible

Last edited: