Lift and regear question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Never Summer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 14 1500 and I'm looking to do a 6" lift. I'm also looking to change out my front diff to an OEM 3.92 ratio along w the regear of the rear. My question is, what can I use to recal the speedo? Is there anything that needs to be recalibrated in the trucks ecu in regards to transmission shifting? Is there anything else I need to know before I do these upgrades? Any info would be greatly helpful being im new to the ram 1500 fam. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 14 1500 and I'm looking to do a 6" lift. I'm also looking to change out my front diff to an OEM 3.92 ratio along w the regear of the rear. My question is, what can I use to recal the speedo? Is there anything that needs to be recalibrated in the trucks ecu in regards to transmission shifting? Is there anything else I need to know before I do these upgrades? Any info would be greatly helpful being im new to the ram 1500 fam. Thank you!

You will need to get a Dablio in tune /Trinity to recal the speedo or other tunner that can recall the tire size for you. I would also look into a custom tune so you can gain back some power that will be lost with the bigger tires.

Good luck,

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Never Summer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You will need to get a Dablio in tune /Trinity to recal the speedo or other tunner that can recall the tire size for you. I would also look into a custom tune so you can gain back some power that will be lost with the bigger tires.

Good luck,

Going from 3.21 w OEM 33" tires to 3.92 w 35s, you still there will be much loss if it's not tuned?

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going from 3.21 w OEM 33" tires to 3.92 w 35s, you still there will be much loss if it's not tuned?

The 3.92 will definitely help, if I was lifting a RAM and putting on 35" tires on I would want a tune to help get the truck moving again.