Limited Slip Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorider228

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 QCSB 4x4 Mineral Gray
Engine
5.7 liter
I didn't know it was this difficult to get a lsd in a 2012. Makes me real glad I got mine from the factory with 3:92s and a limited slip. I had an 06 2wd with a peg leg and the Auburn was the best mod I did to that thing. Best of luck though, hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
68090482AA

This may be the part number but I'm not sure. I'm thinking about calling my dealer for the install to keep the warranty intact.

Unfortunately, that is an old part# that has since been superceeded to a new more expensive part. The new # is 68053299AD

Sideshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Rubicon 2D
Engine
Pentastar
Again, Matt is right on with that PN.
Just got out of the shop from getting the LSD installed.
Took just about three hours only because they had to make a socket for the carrier bearing adjusters. Much better then the six hours the dealership quoted me.
Grab yourself a new set of stock carrier bearings while your at it. It will save on the install time. Bearing kit PN 68067933AA

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't know it was this difficult to get a lsd in a 2012. Makes me real glad I got mine from the factory with 3:92s and a limited slip. I had an 06 2wd with a peg leg and the Auburn was the best mod I did to that thing. Best of luck though, hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for you.

Yeah, I was having one hell of a time finding a RCSB 4x4 Express with all the interior convenience packages mine has, much less finding one with the 3:92 LSD rear. So the one I bought has everything in it I wanted, but the crappy open rear. I figured it would be easier to do upgrades than it is.

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good. I can tell you the tire swap was a 1000% improvement. Honestly I thought there was something wrong with the truck, and over time as the tires wore the truck really became dangerous to drive in wet weather.
It was actually crazy how much better the truck drove and handled with the tire change. Do you have a friend that has a ram with different tires so you could do a swap and test?

Yeah, this is my second Ram. I had an 06 and I changed the tires after only 10k miles. It's amazing the difference it makes. With future mods I wanna do I'm gonna need an LSD even with good tires.

Last edited:

2serious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I googled the new part number seems the going rate is about 430$. Not to bad actually. If I installed myself and something happened, do you think I could get it covered under warranty and just play stupid like it has been there the whole time?

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i googled the new part number seems the going rate is about 430$. Not to bad actually. If i installed myself and something happened, do you think i could get it covered under warranty and just play stupid like it has been there the whole time?

they will pull up your vin and know that it was not like that also because of stuff like this is why they locked the computers on the 2011 and 2012 and we had to wait for tuning for so long

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I googled the new part number seems the going rate is about 430$. Not to bad actually. If I installed myself and something happened, do you think I could get it covered under warranty and just play stupid like it has been there the whole time?

Yeah, the parts aren't too expensive, I'm wondering what the labor will cost at the dealer though. Still waiting for them to get back to me. If it's a 6 hour job and labor is $80/hr that's $480 in labor which is crazy. Might be worth it though to avoid any warranty issues.

Sideshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Rubicon 2D
Engine
Pentastar
Dealer quoted me 6hrs. It's only a 2 1/2 job tops.
My shop warranties their install for as long as I own the truck. Not worth going to the dealer IMO.

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer quoted me 6hrs. It's only a 2 1/2 job tops.
My shop warranties their install for as long as I own the truck. Not worth going to the dealer IMO.

What type of shop did you go to? Just a general automotive repair? I'm having a hard time finding a good one around here. It's the main reason I either do things myself or go to the dealer.

Motorider228

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 QCSB 4x4 Mineral Gray
Engine
5.7 liter
You will want to find a driveline and differential shop. DO NOT take your truck to a general automotive shop for the install.

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will want to find a driveline and differential shop. DO NOT take your truck to a general automotive shop for the install.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can find around here if the dealer wants to rip me off.

Sideshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Rubicon 2D
Engine
Pentastar
What type of shop did you go to? Just a general automotive repair? I'm having a hard time finding a good one around here. It's the main reason I either do things myself or go to the dealer.
Street/strip performance shop with a great reputation.

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Street/strip performance shop with a great reputation.

Anybody know of a good shop like that near Reading, PA? I've been checking yellow pages, google maps, etc. Just can't seem to find any. You'd think I'd be able to with Maple Grove Raceway 15 minutes away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock