Limited slip upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Does anyone know of a good limited slip, either aftermarket or mopar, for a 2016 ram 1500 big horn hemi? Any links or info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Moes-performance sells the factory Mopar limited slip.
As far as aftermarket, I have only found Auburn and Yukon make one for the ZF rear end. I'm hoping they come out with an Eaton/Detroit truetrac before I install the mopar one I bought.
I believe the Yukon LSD is a rebuildable unit while the Mopar and Auburn are not(someone correct me if I'm wrong).

OP
OP
BrianandChrissy

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
As far as aftermarket, I have only found Auburn and Yukon make one for the ZF rear end. I'm hoping they come out with an Eaton/Detroit truetrac before I install the mopar one I bought.
I believe the Yukon LSD is a rebuildable unit while the Mopar and Auburn are not(someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Thanks chief. I want to upgrade asap. I will scope moes out, as he is who i got my vararam thru. Loved the 2 day turnaround!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped

Mopar is rebuildable, but the clutch packs are expensive. I'm pretty sure auburn is to, but don't remember if it's doable on the consumer end.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

You can put a True Trac in the ZF diff,but it's not cheap. You need the older 9.25 gears and one long axle to do it.If you do a search on here,you'll find a few write-ups on what all is needed to do the swap to a True Trac limited slip.
It's definitely a better limited slip then the OEM clutch posi is,but whether it's worth the extra cost for the average guy is questionable,i definitely like mine,but my truck also gets used a little differently then the average truck,it see's it's share of water boxes and drag radials pretty well weekly in the summer,and the OEM posi does not like that combo,lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956