liqui moly? oil additive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjohn118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i was reading the synthetic oil thread and i saw the reason for the hemi tick was often associated with oily type which i belive was a relationship with the moly content of the oil. liqui moly has 2 additives one is an old school liquid moly additive that they say has been around for some 40 years or something.
LIQUI MOLY - Motor Oils, Additives, Car Care - Products - Oil Additiv
the second one is a ceramic addive that they recently came out with called CeraTec it is a ceramic addive that im guessing gives you the same results as the moly would.
LIQUI MOLY - Motor Oils, Additives, Car Care - Products - Cera Tec
Has anyone tried or used any of these additives in their engines or head of any positives or negatives to them. im kinda interested in them and they seem to be willing to give out any info you could ever need on their site which is a plus and doesnt seem like they are just hiding it. but i know nothing about that hopefuly an oil guru will chime in on this

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The Moly in that is powdered moly in suspension, this does not act with the metal like organic soluble moly does. It is similar to say adding a zinc additive or something, w/o danger to the CAT because high zinc messes with catalytic convertor. I say don't use it at all, and yes I have to admit I tried it during a reckless time in my life, lol. The engine made a swishing sound and after researching it more found out it was powdered moly. Organic moly like in all motor oils seeps into the metal because of it's chemistry and it is completely soluble in oil, this product does not.

Ceratec, never used it and out of the additive market the ceramics actually "may" have some benefit. There are many additives that work in a specific area, and a host of them that are total snake area. It seams like many guys are reporting smoother running engines with ceramics. Cermax or Cerma has a pretty loyal following.

Do you have hemi tick and have you tried different oils? I would tend to go there first, but if I didn't get my tick with oil choice I was actually going to give Cerma a try next.

OP
OP
B

bjohn118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I do have what I belive is to be a he mi tick I tried Mobil 1 first to no avail then switched to royal purple helped a little but still there but a little quieter then I tried some 93 octane gas with Lucas fuel injection cleaner and it quieted up a lot but still there just looking for something else to try because I cannot stand engine noises

UneasyJmitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try reading the Hemi tick thread or the Oil thread. I have heard the true synthetic oils (Redline) help the tick. Ill try to find the link for ya.