Looking for MEAN exhaust setups!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slorammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, I’m looking for some “mean” sounding duels. Really wasn’t too high on my list until I had an r/t challenger for a day while my 15 was getting worked on. Damn did it sound nice! What I’m looking for is an overall mean sounding setup...from IDLE to wide open. After researching I love the crackle from the corsa xtreme! But other than that I haven’t found anything that’s peaked my interest. Let me know what you guys have and what they run for price, sound ect!

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the Carven Progressive...which is the more subdued of the Carven's. The Progressive has no raspiness throughout the entire powerband.

If you want a louder exhaust the Carven has the Competitor...smaller muffler...so louder sound.

Its a plug and play...no welding, simple replacement.

If you also want a louder exhaust I'd also recommend the 5" tips.

Here is a YouTube example of the Competitor.... (not what I have) Just a random video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w20H79bzrJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rCLtnm3o4Y

Just a couple of the multiple videos on YouTube.

Good luck with your choice!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Carven Progressive exhaust is what I have and it sounds mean, low deep rumble, no raspy popping period.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just do exhaust cut outs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Carven and Corsa would be my top 2 recommendations. I love the sound, quality, and fitment of both of those brands.

Let me know if we can help you. Send me a PM if you need any info or a quote.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the flow master 40 with resonators. Cold starts are loud. Around 1600 RPM drone. But man does it sound good. I’ve had a lot of compliments on it. My neighbours love it a lot

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Blackwidow Widowmaker
Glaspacks
Gibson mwa
Single chamber flowmaster
Pypes m80
Dynomax race bullet
Spintech 9000
Straightpipe

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Longtubes without cats to any of the straight through mufflers is what I would go with. Some of the louder mufflers are just giving you noise where the longtube header setup is going to give you both sound and power.

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Longtubes without cats to any of the straight through mufflers is what I would go with. Some of the louder mufflers are just giving you noise where the longtube header setup is going to give you both sound and power.

I wasn't going to upgrade headers on my truck but after taking them off to replace gaskets and do spark plugs I'm absolutely going to upgrade next spring. I can't believe these trucks make any power with how small those passages are! I was quite startled to see how little they look to flow.

Now to find some cost effective long tubes for the 3/4 ton 5.7.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the idea of cut-outs. Loud when you want, Stealthy when necessary. A lot of people don't like other people's overly loud vehicles.

I have a KTM Super Duke, that I bought used. It has a set of FMFs that are glorified straight pipes. That noise got old real quick. I did finally get it quieted down some.

2014RamExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have MBRP catback exhaust on my 2014 Ram 5.7 Hemi. To me, it sounds incredible and is half the price of Magnaflow and Borla. I paid $415 for mine and it comes with 4” tips. Below is a before/after video clip of the exhaust. I’ve had MBRP on my last 2 trucks and it always sounds good.

https://youtu.be/cHDqbibcGDE

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
I had Mbrp on my Avalanche and LOVED it. Mean sounding. Put magnaflow on my 13 Ram 5.7. Sounds good but not as mean as the Mbrp. But my exhaust came out the sides on Avalanche and run out the back on the Ram. The sound in the Ram doesn’t bounce off cars like the Avalanche did. Think that’s a BIG difference. Thinking about headers next for my Ram??

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have MBRP catbacks with a single since my truck is a 2500 and I didn't spring for a dual. Sounds good. Can't beat the sound of duals tho. Sexy!

sm10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had flowmaster 40 series on my 5.7 and switched to no muffler, but still have the resonators. Love the sound. Combined with 35 MTs its not too loud when on the freeway. Its pretty loud on a cold start but surprisingly subtle when cruising.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im also a fan of the carven progressive which is on my truck but if you want really mean like up the Carven-R. Its the louder version of the progressive.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the Carven Competitor kit is pretty aggressive!

Ghost2013SCC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had my Carven-R/Competitor for about a week now. Put about 1k miles on it taking a weekend trip. It’s amazing!! A bit too loud during a cold start but driving has a nice aggressive growl when giving it any kind of throttle. Cruising the highway this weekend at 75-80mph you can’t even tell it’s there. That was a plus for me cause I do a lot of highway driving. But when you wanna be heard...touch the skinny pedal and let that Hemi talk!!

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had my Carven-R/Competitor for about a week now. Put about 1k miles on it taking a weekend trip. It’s amazing!! A bit too loud during a cold start but driving has a nice aggressive growl when giving it any kind of throttle. Cruising the highway this weekend at 75-80mph you can’t even tell it’s there. That was a plus for me cause I do a lot of highway driving. But when you wanna be heard...touch the skinny pedal and let that Hemi talk!!

Mind posting a video so we can hear all the gloriousness? [emoji16]

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD

Oooh how I would love to that! How abouts you sell me a set for about $500?!? :naughty:
Then throw a custom tune on there & I would almost be as bad ass as the Viking!:worship: