Looking for recommendations on exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does "drone" mean in terms on exhaust?

Drone will drive you insane on long hauls and many exhaust systems do it.
I installed a Gibson cat back system on my truck a year and a half ago, it sounds great is built very heavy duty and has no drone anywhere in any RPM range.

Thanks jag! Do you happen to have a video of the sound both outside and inside the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
The Progressive has very little drone if any, my truck is pretty quiet at hwy speeds.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your afraid of alittle drone you might just keep the stock exhaust.

Not afraid of a little bit but dont want too much to where i can't hear myself think

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 14" Magnaflow & zero drone. Really the truck could stand to be a little louder.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After listening to different exhaust sounds on YouTube, I am leaning towards the Carven Progressive Series. If I purchase this kit, is there any sound gain/difference by getting the Signature Black Coated 5" Tips or is it just for aesthetics only?

Would the black tips go well with my black truck, or should I keep the Chrome ones?

mllQNlt.jpg
EbO5Jhk.jpg

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont know about warranty but I did have my truck in after I installed my Carven and the dear didnt say anything about it but I also wasnt there for anything having to do with exhaust.
It is literally about three bolts off and whatever bolts to put on, I think 6 for my carven competitor. What I did is two nights before I knew I was going to work on it, I sprayed PB blaster on the bolts that had to come off, let it sit for the night and next day, did it again the next day, and on the third day when I was off from work, took off the bolts like it was nothing. At the time my truck had 30K on the clock so the factory exhaust has been through some wear as well as two years of season changes. The hardest part was knocking the muffler off and the pipes off. I tried muffler first but should have done pipes first in retrospect. I used a dead blow hammer which made it a bit easier but the hardest part wasnt that bad. Took about an hour tops and I took my time.
Good luck with your choice!
My vote goes to Carven.

For those of you wondering about the warranty as well, I have an answer for you! I contacted RAM warranty customer service to find out if changing the muffler or lifting the truck would void the warranty. The representative told me NO, it WILL NOT void the warranty :)

I also asked the representative if he could provide this to me in writing. He said it is on page 13 of your warranty booklet, under 3.1, A, and falls under the first bullet:

"3.1 Modifications Not Covered
A. Some Modifications Don’t Void the Warranties But Aren’t Covered

Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this booklet. Examples of some of these changes are:

• installing non-FCA US parts, components, or equipment (such as a non-FCA US radio or speed control); and"

The representative did say, if the muffler or lifting your truck causes another part of your truck to go back, it MAY NOT be covered under the manufactures warranty.

Hope this helps folks out!

ol1PJWg.png

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of you wondering about the warranty as well, I have an answer for you! I contacted RAM warranty customer service to find out if changing the muffler or lifting the truck would void the warranty. The representative told me NO, it WILL NOT void the warranty :)

I also asked the representative if he could provide this to me in writing. He said it is on page 13 of your warranty booklet, under 3.1, A, and falls under the first bullet:

"3.1 Modifications Not Covered
A. Some Modifications Don’t Void the Warranties But Aren’t Covered

Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do not, by themselves, void the warranties described in this booklet. Examples of some of these changes are:

• installing non-FCA US parts, components, or equipment (such as a non-FCA US radio or speed control); and"

The representative did say, if the muffler or lifting your truck causes another part of your truck to go back, it MAY NOT be covered under the manufactures warranty.

Hope this helps folks out!

ol1PJWg.png

Good info to know!

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good info to know!

That is what I was thinking![emoji41] I would hate for my 5 day old truck to lose the manufacturer's warranty!

Ceno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't heard of carven before but after watching their youtube video I'm sold!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I haven't heard of carven before but after watching their youtube video I'm sold!

Ha if you think it sounds good in the videos just wait they do this muffler no justice at all.

When you start it for the first time you'll be like dam.!

Jaeger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 6'4"
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I concur with 69GWC. The Carven Progressive sounds ridiculously amazing.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I concur with 69GWC. The Carven Progressive sounds ridiculously amazing.

Not the competitor?? Or is the progressive louder than expected?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
The Progressive is plenty loud, has a mean rumble to it.

I would like to hear the Competitor in person but I bet its to loud for me.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bro if your worried about drone or to much noise def don't get the competitor. Its one of the louder exhaust systems for this vehicle. The muffler is SO short. Just get the progressive... you'll be annoyed by the drone for a day and then you'll learn its not that big of a deal. Shoot if it bugs you just shift down to 7th and boom gone ( thats what I do)

Oh I have the progressive so this is personal experience. The drone bothered me for a day and then I got over it. I have heard that 90% of mufflers or cat back exhaust systems have drone because of the cylinder shut off. So unless you wanna spend some real cash your going to have to deal with the drone.

Last edited: